ram is maxing out on new build

ive just build my first ever pc from scratch and my ram sometimes just maxes out amd makes my pc very unresponsive. my system and compressed memory is at the top for the most usage. is my pc not letting me use my ram? restarting helps when this happens but i really shouldnt have to do this with a new pc build. any suggestions? 

1 minute ago, spartaman64 said:

how much ram do you have

16gb so enough

1 minute ago, jackreading007 said:

16gb so enough

did you check which process is using up all that ram?

what leads you to believe that the RAM is being 'maxed' out.

5 minutes ago, airdeano said:

what leads you to believe that the RAM is being 'maxed' out.

because its at 99% my system and compressed memory is the problem id say, always been the lead indicator from the 3 times its happened now, always flashed orange.

5 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

did you check which process is using up all that ram?

yes system and compressed memory, so therefore i am not being able to utilise my ram. 

yes system and compressed memory, so therefore i am not being able to utilise my ram. 

run a virus scan

sounds like you have something running in the background hogging your memory resources.

what all do you have running (apps) when this happens? sounds like rogue app or horrible memory leak (app issue)

its a fresh build. 

2 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

run a virus scan

its a fresh build. 

what are the full specs and its using windows 10?

a fresh build tells me and others nothing. you have an issue that others normally do not experience. so being vague will get you little to no help.

show us task manager

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

7 hours ago, thekeemo said:

show us task manager

it wont show anything as ive restarted my pc . my non page pool keeps increasing until my pc uses up all its ram. ive mainly noticed it when downloading, every mb that i download just adds to my non page pool untill i have to restart my pc. ive gone into the registry and changed ndu value or something from 2 to 4 and it seems to have stopped my downloads going towards my non page pool. still creeping up though. very slow i must say, use the pc all day and dosent hit a gb but it dosent decrease when i close my programs and am idle 

Go to task manager, then click on performance, the open resource manager, then click on Memory and sort by Working Set. Screenshot that, it should show you what is using up all your memory, and how much is being use. 

Your full specs would also be useful.

CPU: i7 4790K @ 4.5ghz | Mobo: Asus B85MG | RAM: Corsair Vengence 16GB 1600Mhz | GPU: R9 390X 

SSD: Kingston 240GB | PSU: Corsair CXM 600W | Case: CIT Dominator + 6 Corsair AF120 Fans all around | 

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master TX3 | Monitor: BenQ XL2730z 144Mhz 1440p | 

Keyboard: Corsair STRAFE | Mouse: Razer DeatherAdder Chroma

13 hours ago, jackreading007 said:

because its at 99% my system and compressed memory is the problem id say, always been the lead indicator from the 3 times its happened now, always flashed orange.

Not necessarely. I had - and still sporadically have - that same problem as you, though mine isn't as bad. While that process is indeed used to compress memory, that's not the only thing it does (though the support guy at microsoft never told me what those other things were).

My bet is that it does the Win10 tracking: when I'd idle, it would go to nearly 0% usage, but as soon as the mouse starts to move usage spikes up... the faster the mouse movement, the higher the CPU usage.

I've looked around and never found a solution to this problem. One of these days, when I have time to reset my machine, I'm going to delete the source file within System32 and just see if that solves it, at the cost of bricking the OS...

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

probably just memory leak. a restart should fix the problem. 

Has happened to me.