Is a CPU upgrade worth it??

Hello, thank you for coming to help me out a bit. ive been playing games recently (overwatch) and ive noticed some fps drop. I'm not sure whether this means my graphics card is getting outdated or i need a better CPU. 

i bought an AMD A-series cpu, which has implemented graphics, and due to the fact that i have a graphics card i feel that i am loosing CPU power on that wasted integrated graphics and i am wondering whether it is a CPU problem for my drop in fps, or an outdated pc / graphics card that is causing my problem. i will post my computer details below. thank you for reading 

https://gyazo.com/608c36f8637c0278a8e0b931939582ba

please don't tell me that what you mean by FPS drop is when you are playing your FPS goes from 60 to 45/40. And when you have intergrated graphics card and seperate one your PC is using the Seperate one. Only when you remove it your pc will use the one on your CPU.

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600, MOBO: MSI Tomahawk B450, RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3000 (2x8 GB), GPU: MSI RTX 2080 Gaming-X Trio, CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S, PSU: Corsair RM 650, HDD: WD Blue 1TB, SSD: Samsung 860 ECO 500GB, CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C

1 hour ago, Demm said:

please don't tell me that what you mean by FPS drop is when you are playing your FPS goes from 60 to 45/40. And when you have intergrated graphics card and seperate one your PC is using the Seperate one. Only when you remove it your pc will use the one on your CPU.

its more like, would a CPU without integrated graphics be better. or i could just be really dumb. 

5 minutes ago, Bandizooie said:

its more like, would a CPU without integrated graphics be better. or i could just be really dumb. 

I think you are really dumb. It depends on the CPU dude. It doesn't matter if the cpu has or doesn't have integrated graphics. What makes a CPU better than the other CPUs is its performance. And you must understand that CPUs with intergrated graphics are to say, GPU and CPU in one .... its like any other machinery... is BMW with 300hp better than the one with 150hp??? And is a minivan better than a bus? Depends on your needs dude.

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600, MOBO: MSI Tomahawk B450, RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3000 (2x8 GB), GPU: MSI RTX 2080 Gaming-X Trio, CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S, PSU: Corsair RM 650, HDD: WD Blue 1TB, SSD: Samsung 860 ECO 500GB, CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C

I thought integrated gpu in the cpu and a dedicated gpu work together under direct x 12?

20 minutes ago, Teddy07 said:

I thought integrated gpu in the cpu and a dedicated gpu work together under direct x 12?

Holy shit you are right. I didn't know this up untill now.

Screenshot_20160621-051022.jpg

1 hour ago, Teddy07 said:

But then let me add on they must have some sort of software to help prevent from getting the intergrated gpu to use up the cpus power when the cpu needs it the most so.... I don't know.

Your simplest solution would be to upgrade the APU to some model of A10, or you could get an Athlon X4 860/870/880 since you don't need the APU graphics.

I wouldn't get excited over the DX12 multi-adapter stuff. I don't think it's finalized yet and it's most likely that the software (Overwatch) would have to be written to take advantage of it.

A sieve may not hold water, but it will hold another sieve.

i5-6600, 16Gigs, ITX Corsair 250D, R9 390, 120Gig M.2 boot, 500Gig SATA SSD, no HDD