Best air cooler for my Matx build?

Ahov

So i'm using a kind of big matx case, the silverstone ps07b, with a locked intel core i5 6500. So what would be the best (On the cheaper side if it can be helped, as always) air cooler for my rig?

(Full build)

itnel core i5-6500

16G of hyperx fury 2133MHZ ddr4 (Single stick)

R9 380 4G

CX 600 psu

1tb WD HDD

silverstone PS07b

Asrock H170m pro4 LGA

Help me out! at first i was planning on that noctua life but those are damn expensive. I know you pay for quality but I'm on a bit of a budget at the moment. Suggestions and recommendations are greatly appreciated 

Locked CPU? You don't need more than stock. If you're looking for something quieter, the Rosewill RCX-775-LP is a teeny tiny $10 option, and the Zalman CNPS7000V-(AL) is equally quiet. I mean, really, there are as many $7-15 air coolers out there that beat stock as there are electrical fires at a Logisys factory.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

3 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

dont get an r9 380 get the rx 480 or 470

i already have my r9 380, i have an old bad build with that card, just putting it on the new motherboard/cpu/in the new case

4 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

Locked CPU? You don't need more than stock. If you're looking for something quieter, the Rosewill RCX-775-LP is a teeny tiny $10 option, and the Zalman CNPS7000V-(AL) is equally quiet. I mean, really, there are as many $7-15 air coolers out there that beat stock as there are electrical fires at a Logisys factory.

You sure? my current build (Trash) has an fx 4300 and it overheats constantly with the stock cooler

1 minute ago, Ahov said:

i already have my r9 380, i have an old bad build with that card, just putting it on the new motherboard/cpu/in the new case

i agree with the guy above if its a locked cpu you really dont need anything fancy maybe a hyper 212 evo at the most if you want it to be quiet

4 minutes ago, Ahov said:

You sure? my current build (Trash) has an fx 4300 and it overheats constantly with the stock cooler

68969868.jpg

Seriously, there's no reason to spend more than $10 on an aftermarket cooler if you're not intending to replace the 6500 with a 6600K (and buy a new motherboard) in the future.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

2 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

68969868.jpg

Haha comforting. I see your point man, thanks for the info and reassuring me that the fx 4300 is garbage. cant wait for the motherboard ram and cpu to ship here. 

10 minutes ago, Ahov said:

Haha comforting. I see your point man, thanks for the info and reassuring me that the fx 4300 is garbage. cant wait for the motherboard ram and cpu to ship here. 

It isn't garbage but the cooler it comes with isn't good. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

4 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

It isn't garbage but the cooler it comes with isn't good. 

I suppose it has served me (somewhat) well, but it overheated and got me banned from CS:GO comp for a week because it wouldn't reboot right away so i have a hate for it now. i say good riddance and on to better things. such as my new i5 6500.