Needs silent fans to replace Corsair SP140L

Hey,

I have the Corsair GTX H110i that come with SP140L fans. When they spin at max speed their sound is indescribably annoying. What fans do you recommend me getting to replace the SP140Ls? I need them to be much more quieter when spinning at max speed (preferably near silent) and to still be efficient.

Thanks in advance. 

CPU: Intel i7-6700k - GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW - Motherboard: Asus Z170-A - RAM: Vengeance LPX DDR4 16GB 3000MHz - CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro GTX H110i - PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA 650W P2 - Case: NZXT H440 White/Black - OS: Windows 10 Home - Mouse: Logitech G502 - Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red RGB

why not just slow down the fans....

That said, Silent Wings II are pretty good for max speed silence.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

2 minutes ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

why not just slow down the fans....

That said, Silent Wings II are pretty good for max speed silence.

I bought 5 Silent Wings 2 fans but I couldn't install 2 on them on the radiator because they have a different mounting configuration. Their corner is not fully closed. I don't know if you understand what I mean...

CPU: Intel i7-6700k - GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW - Motherboard: Asus Z170-A - RAM: Vengeance LPX DDR4 16GB 3000MHz - CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro GTX H110i - PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA 650W P2 - Case: NZXT H440 White/Black - OS: Windows 10 Home - Mouse: Logitech G502 - Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red RGB

Why run them at max speed in the first place?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

1 minute ago, WoodenMarker said:

Why run them at max speed in the first place?

They don't run at max speed by default they run at max speed when I play some games like GTA V (not always, only when the CPU's temperature reaches 50 degrees Celsius+.). I tried changing that from the BIOS but that didn't seem to work :/ 

6 minutes ago, Zack Brown said:

I bought 5 Silent Wings 2 fans but I couldn't install 2 on them on the radiator because they have a different mounting configuration. Their corner is not fully closed. I don't know if you understand what I mean...

in that case, then noctua nf a14 or if you are willing to spend the money, noiseblocker eloops are amazing

Altair - Firestrike: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/13945459

CPU:  i7-4790 @ 3.6 GHz Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M-DS3H-A RAM: 16GB @ 1600MHz CL11 GPU: XFX RX 470 RS Storage: ADATA SP550 240GB | WD Blue 1TB | Toshiba 2TB PSU: EVGA B2 750W Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Fans: Phanteks PH-F200SP (Front) | Phanteks PH-F140SP (Rear) | Noctua NF-A15 (Top)

Mouse: Logitech G502 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX Brown | Audio: Sennheiser HD 558

4 minutes ago, Zack Brown said:

They don't run at max speed by default they run at max speed when I play some games like GTA V (not always, only when the CPU's temperature reaches 50 degrees Celsius+.). I tried changing that from the BIOS but that didn't seem to work :/ 

Where headers are the fan powered from and what settings have you tried?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

13 minutes ago, Zack Brown said:

No I don't... Did you buy the right size? 

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

49 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Where headers are the fan powered from and what settings have you tried?

CPU Fan header

I set the fan controls to manual from the bios then I made it that it only goes to 100% if the CPU reaches 70 degress plus

45 minutes ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

What do you mean by right size? Isn't there only 1 size...

2 minutes ago, Zack Brown said:

CPU Fan header

I set the fan controls to manual from the bios then I made it that it only goes to 100% if the CPU reaches 70 degress plus

Is your cpu going past 70c? What cpu do you have?

Why not just buy some the of SP140QE's? The quiet edition fans that use those red/white/blue rings.

I run my 6700k on an h100i with 4 SP120's. They're not the QE's but I have on headphones most of the time so I don't notice them.

1 minute ago, WoodenMarker said:

Is your cpu going past 70c? What cpu do you have?

I have the Intel Core i7-6700K. According to Corsair Link it only reached like 57 degrees Celsius at max.

5 minutes ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

I think what he means is, the fans don't have the mounting tab on the corner fully enclosed like most fans do. Because of their mounting, he's unable to  mount 2 of them.

1 minute ago, Katsunaka said:

I think what he means is, the fans don't have the mounting tab on the corner fully enclosed like most fans do. Because of their mounting, he's unable to  mount 2 of them.

Yeah. I can't even mount one of them.

3 minutes ago, Zack Brown said:

I have the Intel Core i7-6700K. According to Corsair Link it only reached like 57 degrees Celsius at max.

What is your fan curve setting like?

2 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

What is your fan curve setting like?

l don't exactly remember...  I'll have to check the BIOS and take a screenshot to show you

1 minute ago, Katsunaka said:

How could that possibly make it non-mountable... The hole is in the exact same place.... And it comes with the hardware to enclose the corner...

DSCF0432.jpg

6 minutes ago, Zack Brown said:

What do you mean by right size? Isn't there only 1 size...

120mm vs 140mm

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

36 minutes ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

How could that possibly make it non-mountable... The hole is in the exact same place.... And it comes with the hardware to enclose the corner...

120mm vs 140mm

My case supports

2x 140mm OR 3x 120mm on the top. (where i have the radiator installed)

The hardware picture you included, that thing doesn't have a hole on the bottom so I can't install the screw all the way down.

33 minutes ago, Zack Brown said:

My case supports

The hardware picture you included, that thing doesn't have a hole on the bottom so I can't install the screw all the way down.

My silent wings are 140mm

11 minutes ago, Zack Brown said:

My case supports

Put the fans on the other side of the radiator then... Or flip the mounting bracket.

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

23 minutes ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

Put the fans on the other side of the radiator then... Or flip the mounting bracket.

Tried, doesn't work.

23 minutes ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

I'll have to try that sometime lol