Guide to Google Voice and using it for texting and calling from PC

spartaman64

It seems like many people want to be able to make and receive phone calls and text messages from their desktop so this could be useful for some

https://www.google.com/voice/b/0#history then click on get a voice number

step2(2).PNG

you should get a window that looks like this and click on i want to use my mobile number

step3.PNG

type in your number and click on check for available options. here i will be using use your sprint mobile number with google voice. You can use porting your number but that appears to cost 20 dollars

they will then call you and you use the number pad to type in the two numbers shown on your computer screen and that will verify your phone and you are finished. other phone carriers may vary.

step4.PNG

then your number is your google voice number

testmobile2.PNG

testdesk.PNG

hope this helps

btw if you came to this page before i caught some of my mistakes and scribbled out all the numbers please dont call any of them

On June 20, 2016 at 8:32 AM, spartaman64 said:

It seems like many people want to be able to make and receive phone calls and text messages from their desktop so this could be useful for some

https://www.google.com/voice/b/0#history then click on get a voice number

step2(2).PNG

you should get a window that looks like this and click on i want to use my mobile number

step3.PNG

type in your number and click on check for available options. here i will be using use your sprint mobile number with google voice. You can use porting your number but that appears to cost 20 dollars

they will then call you and you use the number pad to type in the two numbers shown on your computer screen and that will verify your phone and you are finished. other phone carriers may vary.

step4.PNG

then your number is your google voice number

testmobile2.PNG

testdesk.PNG

hope this helps

btw if you came to this page before i caught some of my mistakes and scribbled out all the numbers please dont call any of them

Thanks 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, mathmeister said:

I need a paid Google For Work account to use it.

oh since i have sprint they apparently have a system where i can link them together without paying