EK Fittings ofr Hard tubing

Hi! 

Will be changing from soft tubing to hard tubing, in the coming weeks/months and I want your opinions. Will be using PETG tubes by EK. (12mm OD)

Got a pair of questions,

1. Are hard tubing adapters also enough for main bended tubing fittings? (adapters are usually used to connect SLI GPUs using crystal link cables) The ones I am eyeing is EKs black HD adapters, for their low profile but still 2 o-ring construction. (https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-hd-adapter-csq-10-12mm-black) I've seen varying posts about this and am now confused.

2. will paracord sleeving adapt to the thickness of the wire? Standard paracord is 4mm in size, but I can't find any proof that it would adapt to my wires (about 3mmOD)  Guides that I watched used standard, but I am afraid of slacking in the sleeving.

1. So long as it goes in strait and isn't at any awkward angle you should be fine.

2. PSU sleeving is designed to fit to the diameter of PSU cable wires. If you want to use 1/16th sleeving on for example fan cables you might want to consider attempting to put multiple wires inside a single sleeve to maintain a somewhat circular shape.

1 minute ago, Windows7ge said:

1. So long as it goes in strait and isn't at any awkward angle you should be fine.

2. PSU sleeving is designed to fit to the diameter of PSU cable wires. If you want to use 1/16th sleeving on for example fan cables you might want to consider attempting to put multiple wires inside a single sleeve to maintain a somewhat circular shape.

Thanks for your quick reply!

For number 2, it's not technically PSU sleeving. It's your standard 550 paracord sleeving (I like the feel and the non-showthrough) nature of paracord. If I stretch it, would it adapt to the thickness of my wire?

1 minute ago, Freowin said:

Thanks for your quick reply!

For number 2, it's not technically PSU sleeving. It's your standard 550 paracord sleeving (I like the feel and the non-showthrough) nature of paracord. If I stretch it, would it adapt to the thickness of my wire?

Ah, that stuff. I think it might be a little bit loose on the cables.

1 minute ago, Windows7ge said:

Ah, that stuff. I think it might be a little bit loose on the cables.

Thought so. :( Would it be a problem, though?

32 minutes ago, Freowin said:

Thought so. :( Would it be a problem, though?

Weather you use heat shrink to secure the paracord to the ends or just push the excess into the connector there shouldn't be any functionality problems but aesthetically it might suffer. You might have to tinker with it a lot to make it look right but I'd be curious to see someone try it. I never thought of using paracord to sleeve cables. 

From experience: EKWB HD fittings are fine. Like you said - very low profile.

I use and recommend their HDC fittings. The compression oring really relieves some stress, imo, as it would just be that much less likely to leak, and helps hold the line in tighter if you end up having to move your computer around.

As for the paracord, you'll have to "stretch" the paracord a bit to get it to be tighter to your cables. Kinda like one of those chinese fingertrap toys from forever ago, the more you pull the cord apart, it will shrink, but may not want to stay that small.

On June 21, 2016 at 1:09 AM, Windows7ge said:

Weather you use heat shrink to secure the paracord to the ends or just push the excess into the connector there shouldn't be any functionality problems but aesthetically it might suffer. You might have to tinker with it a lot to make it look right but I'd be curious to see someone try it. I never thought of using paracord to sleeve cables. 

Watched some guides by Lustro0. Apparently it's doable, but I think my psu wires are a bit on the thin side. Will post results here :)

On June 21, 2016 at 5:00 AM, shibbs said:

From experience: EKWB HD fittings are fine. Like you said - very low profile.

I use and recommend their HDC fittings. The compression oring really relieves some stress, imo, as it would just be that much less likely to leak, and helps hold the line in tighter if you end up having to move your computer around.

As for the paracord, you'll have to "stretch" the paracord a bit to get it to be tighter to your cables. Kinda like one of those chinese fingertrap toys from forever ago, the more you pull the cord apart, it will shrink, but may not want to stay that small.

Thank you for these tips! Will try to stretch the paracord to adapt it to my wires. 

Thanks again. I'll go for them ek HD adaptors. :)