SMS program for Windows 10

I realize this might be a bit of a long shot but I was wondering if anyone knew of a program for Windows (10) (and a partner iOS app if necessary) that would allow someone to "link" their iPhone to the PC so they can send and receive text messages from the program, but using the iPhone's service, if that makes any sense.

So basically iMessage for PC (that is, unless I misunderstand what iMessage is and how it works :P)

PS it's not for me... i don't have a smart phone :D

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

if they dont mind switching to google hangouts you can use google voice and google hangouts chrome extension to make and receive calls and make and receive text. otherwise i dont have an iphone so idk

1 minute ago, itsmyjobtoknow said:

PushBullet would be something you're looking for. Not sure how well it works on iOS, but at least for android it works decently.

sadly for pushbullet you'll have to buy premium if you want unlimited SMS/messages

2 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

if they dont mind switching to google hangouts you can use google voice and google hangouts chrome extension to make and receive calls and make and receive text. otherwise i dont have an iphone so idk

2 minutes ago, itsmyjobtoknow said:

PushBullet would be something you're looking for. Not sure how well it works on iOS, but at least for android it works decently.

1 minute ago, Aytex said:

So an app/desktop app that allows you to send and receive Texts that are from your phone, using your phone's cellular service?

Theres tons for Android like PushBullet

All interesting ideas... I'll have to look into both of these.  I'm not surprised that there's something for Android xD Now to see if it works with iOS, or if there is an equivalent...

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

All interesting ideas... I'll have to look into both of these.  I'm not surprised that there's something for Android xD Now to see if it works with iOS, or if there is an equivalent...

the google hangouts trick should work for ios

1 minute ago, spartaman64 said:

the google hangouts trick should work for ios

It would work, but it would be annoying to give a few people the Google voice number, and a few his actual phone number.

And Hangout only has Google Voice SMS, so it wouldn't show the sms he would receive from his actual number

2 minutes ago, itsmyjobtoknow said:

It would work, but it would be annoying to give a few people the Google voice number, and a few his actual phone number.

And Hangout only has Google Voice SMS, so it wouldn't show the sms he would receive from his actual number

you can link your number to the google voice number so your current number will become the google voice number and it would receive text from that number

Yeah that won't work then.  It needs to integrate with the phone and send/receive using its number

you can link your number to the google voice number and it would receive text from that number

hm, maybe it will work :P 

1 minute ago, huilun02 said:

Get one

Problem is I hate iOS and Android and WP has no apps :/

2 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

As for your friend? Get shafted by Apple's closed system

Oh, the shafting has been intense since pretty much day 1.  There will not be another iPhone in their future :)

you can link your number to the google voice number and it would receive text from that number

I've linked my personal number to my Google Voice account. It does not show any of my phone sms on Hangout on my desktop. 

My Hangout on the desktop only shows hangout messages and Google Voice SMS.

I've linked my personal number to my Google Voice account. It does not show any of my phone sms on Hangout on my desktop. 

My Hangout on the desktop only shows hangout messages and Google Voice SMS.

really? thats odd did you set hangouts as the default sms app

2 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

really? thats odd did you set hangouts as the default sms app

I am not talking about Mobile Hangouts. 

Of course I can see all my SMS, Google Voice SMS, and Hangout Messages on the mobile app. I can only see my Google Voice SMS and Hangout Messages on my Desktop Extension. 

1 minute ago, huilun02 said:

I hate the world too

i think he means he likes windows phone but it has no apps not that he hates all 3 lol

i think he means he likes windows phone but it has no apps not that he hates all 3 lol

I've never tried WP, but it's the only option left - problem is I don't want to risk trying it since there's no apps xD 

3 minutes ago, itsmyjobtoknow said:

I am not talking about Mobile Hangouts. 

Of course I can see all my SMS, Google Voice SMS, and Hangout Messages on the mobile app. I can only see my Google Voice SMS and Hangout Messages on my Desktop Extension. 

what? you have the same number for google voice and regular sms right so it should be delievering all sms messages to your google voice sms also

what? you have the same number for google voice and regular sms right so it should be delievering all sms messages to your google voice sms also

*facepalm*

I have two phone number. One personal, which is from my carrier, and one from Google Voice that I give to my co-workers.

On my phone, I can see all of my messages (includes Carrier SMS, Google Voice SMS, and Hangouts) from the Hangouts Application. 

On my desktop, I can only see the Google Voice SMS and Hangouts from the Hangouts Extension. Hangout on the desktop cannot see your sms from the carrier phone number.