So my school blocked VPNs......

CyberneticTitan

I have VPNs set up on my iPod, but I cannot connect to them.

They are PPTP and L2TP connections.

I can do it on my home connection, but not at the school. Any suggestions?

Its probably not the VPN that is being blocked but the port its using.

They probably only open port 80 and 443.

So you need to set up your VPN to use one of those but Im not sure PPTP or L2TP allows that (don't think it does)

Does your VPN support OpenVPN? That will allow you to set the used port.

Respect the Code of Conduct!

>> Feel free to join the unofficial LTT teamspeak 3 server TS3.schnitzel.team <<

>>LTT 10TB+ Topic<< | >>FlexRAID Tutorial<<>>LTT Speed wave<< | >>LTT Communies and Servers<<

I'm using OpenVPN with VPNBook servers. Mines blocked PPTP too, but OpenVPN will generally get through. According to them it's undetectable anyways.

"Say it, do it, preach it, shout it, but never, absolutely never, believe your own bullshit"   

Credited with the whole female avatar trend

Your thoughts here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/67178-your-top-three/

There's not much you can do then xD, my school blocks Teamviewer and VPN's so it's hopeless for me.

That's unfortunate :(

Its probably not the VPN that is being blocked but the port its using.

They probably only open port 80 and 443.

So you need to set up your VPN to use one of those but Im not sure PPTP or L2TP allows that (don't think it does)

Does your VPN support OpenVPN? That will allow you to set the used port.

I'm using an iPod. Can I use this for OpenVPN? https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/openvpn-connect/id590379981?mt=8

That sucks, my school doesn't do that.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Not much you can do sadly..

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

I'm using an iPod. Can I use this for OpenVPN? https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/openvpn-connect/id590379981?mt=8

Yes, you need that. You'll need a way to get the OpenVPN certificates onto your iPod though, generally through the Mail app.

"Say it, do it, preach it, shout it, but never, absolutely never, believe your own bullshit"   

Well obviously you have to abide by some policy the administrator sets. He doesn't want people using VPNs because it's probably likely that you're not using it for school work purposes. If he doesn't give you access to do something, you're going to have to get over it. Aiding you in bypassing restrictions specifically set by a network administrator would be stupid, and you should not seek help for that here.

Well obviously you have to abide by some policy the administrator sets. He doesn't want people using VPNs because it's probably likely that you're not using it for school work purposes. If he doesn't give you access to do something, you're going to have to get over it. Aiding you in bypassing restrictions specifically set by a network administrator would be stupid, and you should not seek help for that here.

Security my friend. Wouldn't want my "Administrators" logging all my activity and retrieving my logins.

When I first entered the school, there was a paper in which there were rules to abide by and no where did it sate that we cannot use VPNs.

And to be completely honest, when the students in our school use the internet/wifi, 75 percent of the time it is not  related to school work. YouTube being the most popular.

SSTP can change ports if you have it set up somewhere and should be able to get through if you don't have OpenVPN or you are having trouble setting it up. Though it does need certificates too :(

Something wrong with your connection ?

Run the damn cable :)

There's not much you can do then xD, my school blocks Teamviewer and VPN's so it's hopeless for me.

How can you block TeamViewer? Just change whichever port you're using. 

How can you block TeamViewer? Just change whichever port you're using. 

I meant the Teamviewer app for my Nexus 7.

well i know how you feel and i am sawwy nut their is nothing u can do

Try some proxies.  Ultra surf is good, you can put it on a flash drive just plug your drive in open the program and youre good. Thats if they havent blocked that too, doubt they have because the school I went to blocked vpn's and those web proxies by key word.

http://ultrasurf.us/ Theres the download link

Corsair C70 | Gigabyte Widnforce R9 280x | AMD FX8320 3.5ghz | Corsair 750m | Gigabyte 990FXA-ud3 | Mushkin 120gb SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1tb | Mushkin 16gb ddr3 1333mhz Ram

Try some proxies. Ultra surf is good, you can put it on a flash drive just plug your drive in open the program and youre good. Thats if they havent blocked that too, doubt they have because the school I went to blocked vpn's and those web proxies by key word.

http://ultrasurf.us/ Theres the download link

Because flash drives work on iPods right? Your only option is OpenVPN.

Because flash drives work on iPods right? Your only option is OpenVPN.

Oh oops, right by the time I read the comments I forgot it was for an ipod

Corsair C70 | Gigabyte Widnforce R9 280x | AMD FX8320 3.5ghz | Corsair 750m | Gigabyte 990FXA-ud3 | Mushkin 120gb SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1tb | Mushkin 16gb ddr3 1333mhz Ram

I'd go with everyone on saying OpenVPN. OpenVPN is absolutely awesome! Set it up to use port 443 over TCP and it should work just fine. I'd actually advise against using PPTP because it is considered broken in that the key can be recovered now that MSCHAP-v2 is broken.

• 1 year later...

This post is Sooo OLD! But if any 1 wants to go on any website on a school computer but the website u wanna go on is blocked. I have some good news. Well u guys prob already know. But u can use proxy server websites. Ik 2 that really work but they kinda suck. Soo I found this VPN Browser u can use to visit ANY WEBSITE UR HEARTS DESIRE! Lol. But at times u will hAvta type in a code to make sure your a human but after u type in the code u will be right on the website u were searching for. My schools Pretty strict. But I still managed to download it. Here's the URL: "https://www.freevpnbrowser.com/"

It really works. But if it doesn't let u visit that website on ur schools computer/labtop. No worries! Jus go to one of the 2 Proxy Servers!

(1) www.proxy4free2u.appspot.com

(2) www.bingproxy.com

Then download it.

Now that should work!