Can anything be done about a gone bad DS cartridge?

I was playing my copy of Pokemom White (the best pokemon game of all time until the remake, unless they make it easier in which case f*ck them) when suddenly, just as I had caught a new pokemon and was about to get Kyrem, the screen just blanked and now my DS and 3DS will not read the cartridge and if I stick the cartridge in while booting the DS it won't boot. It just freezes at the DS startup screen. Is there anything I can do to recover the game. I am fine with it being a temporary solution but I really want to transfer all my Pokemom out of the game with Poke Transfer. I had a bunch of level 50s-100s. Anything will help.

21 hours ago, mikat said:

clean the contacts with compressed air and clean it off with a cloth?

Already tried that. It showed it was inserted but when I tried to boot the game it froze again 

21 hours ago, mikat said:

yup, the sad thing is, the (probably illegal) cards which allow you to pirate games, have a micro sd card slot so they're better than the original thing...

Can you still trade pokemon if you use one of those cards? Because I have some roms on my phone that I use for emulation that I have gotten pretty far in.

1 hour ago, Johnmakuta said:

Can you still trade pokemon if you use one of those cards? Because I have some roms on my phone that I use for emulation that I have gotten pretty far in.

idk if readers exist for the pc but you could try to buy one of those and copy the files

On 6/20/2016 at 4:42 PM, mikat said:

idk if readers exist for the pc but you could try to buy one of those and copy the files

Readers?

Dunno about your neck of the woods, but "Power Saves" is a brand name of sorts of 3DS/DS cart readers.  Basically a USB adapter you hook up to your computer.  You can fiddle with saves, and more importantly, back your game up.  The fact they haven't been sued into the stone age by Nintendo makes them sort of legit I guess?  Moral issues aside, should serve your needs for back up, and restoration of game data.  Pretty sure it won't fix a corrupted cartridge. 

One big issue here is that there is zero guarantee the reader would be able to pull any data of the cart, and you'd still be out a copy of the game since it doesn't copy the game, just save files.