Windows 10: Random Freezes/crashing

N3rot0xin

Since i built my computer, i've had off an on issues with it freezing at times. It's becoming more and more frequent and im trying to get to the bottom of it. I dont have much in the way of info in the form of tests, but i'll post what i know. 

The system essentially just freezes. Doesn't shutdown, no reboot, no bsod(which tells me its hardware), no errors in event viewer. I've recently disabled my monitors sleeping so i can see the time the computer freezes on, so i can check logs only to find nothing past few days. The only thing i've tried so far is updating my motherboard BIOS(see my profile for current hardware). I want to also update my SSD bios, as i think that could be it but crucials utility is trash and wont let me do that. 

I'm getting ready to run a memtest to see what i get from that. I'm wondering what else it could be, or if anyone has experienced this before. 

EDIT: I'll be updating this post as i try new things. 

- Manually set Pagefile to 40966(half of current ram) on C: and disabled in on D:.

I am whatever I am. 

Out of curiosity, have you received the 1511 build update?

3 minutes ago, cayphed said:

Out of curiosity, have you received the 1511 build update?

Yes i have. I think that was just installed a few days ago. This problem was happening before the update, unless this udpate was supposed to fix that. 

I am whatever I am. 

It did for me, what apps/programs do you run from startup?

5 minutes ago, cayphed said:

It did for me, what apps/programs do you run from startup?

Aside from Nvidia:

- Killer LAN

- Discord

- Dropbox

- GIGABYTE SIV

- NZXT cam

- Display Fusion

I am whatever I am. 

10 minutes ago, cayphed said:

Did you upgrade to 10? Or fresh install?

fresh install. I rebuilt my pc back in March, and just did a fresh install because there was no way I was going to cleanly get rid of all the other drivers for my old hardware. 

I am whatever I am. 

Out of curiosity again, have you grabbed all the drivers from gigabyte? At the shop where I work, we've had customers with constant recurring issues with these...

I believe i have, i havent checked in a while. I'll go do that and update here shortly. 

I am whatever I am. 

13 minutes ago, BunnyLab said:

Is the inside of your PC dirty?

Although it is important to clean dust and other gunk regularly, it wouldn't be the cause of a software freeze up.

1 minute ago, cayphed said:

Although it is important to clean dust and other gunk regularly, it wouldn't be the cause of a software freeze up.

Says who?

6 minutes ago, BunnyLab said:

Says who?

I work in an IT fix-it shop, you wouldn't believe the shit I've seen that still runs mate, but on a serious note with modern manufacturing techniques such as board insulation coatings and such the effects on your system in the instance of a high amount of dust and other junk kicking around is negligible at best, maybe the worst case scenario would be excess heat, but that's it.

You might want to read this: http://www.howtogeek.com/126956/can-dust-actually-damage-my-computer/

It almost looks as bad as the customer's laptop from Monday lol