Upgrades

Hi Guys

Does this look good for upgrades for my pc? anything that you would change?

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/QkggsJ

current build is in my signature

Many thanks

Pro

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

yah thats good, just scrap the AIO and stick with your current cooler because thats a locked CPU so there is no reason for the AIO IMO

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

2 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

yah thats good, just scrap the AIO and stick with your current cooler because thats a locked CPU so there is no reason for the AIO IMO

im not sure the mounts i have are compatible or if the cooler actually fits

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

2 minutes ago, Prokart2000 said:

im not sure the mounts i have are compatible or if the cooler actually fits

almost all coolers come with both Intel and AMD mounts so there should be some Intel mounts in the box or somewhere were you put that stuff  

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

almost all coolers come with both Intel and AMD mounts so there should be some Intel mounts in the box or somewhere were you put that stuff  

it did come with intel but im not sure if the 1151 is different to the intel that was out when i brought the cooler

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Prokart2000 said:

it did come with intel but im not sure if the 1151 is different to the intel that was out when i brought the cooler

probably not, all 115x versions have the same mounts so you should be fine :) 

Builds:

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

probably not, all 115x versions have the same mounts so you should be fine :) 

thanks, that money can go towards something like a 480x

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Prokart2000 said:

thanks, that money can go towards something like a 480x

yah that would be good :) glad to be of help :D 

Builds:

Spoiler

17 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

yah that would be good :) glad to be of help :D 

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Cqt6X 

i added some fans

I was thinking the 2 afs at the front for intake

one sp up top for exhaust

one sp on the noctua cooler for aesthetics

does this sound good or shall i change the fans to different ones that may work better?

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Prokart2000 said:

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Cqt6X 

i added some fans

I was thinking the 2 afs at the front for intake

one sp up top for exhaust

one sp on the noctua cooler for aesthetics

does this sound good or shall i change the fans to different ones that may work better?

im not too good with fans so i dont know but otherwise that looks good

Builds:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

im not too good with fans so i dont know but otherwise that looks good

ok im not too sure then

Spoiler

What cpu cooler do you currently have ? 

Swap out that SSD for something better. Samsung 850 EVO if you can fit it in your budget.

Also be careful with the gpu choice. Some current cards such as the MSI GTX 970 don't fit in the air 240 due to the heatpipes catching the side panel. The RX 480 should be fine as it doesn't look that tall.

1 hour ago, lee32uk said:

What cpu cooler do you currently have ? 

Swap out that SSD for something better. Samsung 850 EVO if you can fit it in your budget.

Also be careful with the gpu choice. Some current cards such as the MSI GTX 970 don't fit in the air 240 due to the heatpipes catching the side panel. The RX 480 should be fine as it doesn't look that tall.

I have a nhu12s which I realised doesn't fit, I have a r9 280x matrix from Asus. I will have a look at some ssds 

Spoiler