Concerns Over Battlefield 1

SuperShermanTanker

Just a little note this is coming from someone who has never played a Battlefield game before and who likes mid speed tactical games like World of Tanks. So I'm really excited and also concerned over the new Battlefield 1 game that's coming out and I'm concerned it's going to be one of those tiny maped overly sped up games like Call of Duty. I love World War 1 and World War 2 games and I like games to have some sort of realism in them and games like Call of Duty really make me not like play FPS games because there is no realism it's played like your sonic the headgehog with a lazer rifle that looks like a regular rifle. What would make Battlefield 1 a great game for me is if they added things like bullet ballistics in so you would have to actually elevate the barrel of your rifle at extreme ranges and also make you have to lead the target when your shooting at medium to long range to hit a moving target, and even if they don't add the bullet drop at long ranges at least add the thing where you would have to lead a target at medium to long range to hit the target. Also the number one thing that would make Battlefield 1 my favorite game is if they actually made actually giving a extra 5 seconds to think on what your going to do while your in cover actually benefit you in getting the advantage over the enemy and not be another one of those run and gun games. Now I can deal with some sort of non historical accuracy and some non accuracy to real life like I can accept if it wasn't so realistic with the bullet physics and if it was sped up a little bit to be a bit faster then the extremely slow World War 1battles and also I can accept that they made stuff like the tanks a bit faster then they were in history to keep the game play going. I just don;t know if they are going to make it so fast paced there would be no room for tactics and knowledgeable players who like to think about what they do in a game and how it affects the outcome by working with their team. I have seen some gameplay in some weekly tech news live streams and one thing I can say is they nailed the speed of the tanks to the point where they are fast enough to keep the gameplay moving and also keep the tanks slow enough to keep it feeling like they are slow lumbering hunks of metal like they were in World War 1. Also from the game play I have seen the game is one of those faster paced ones and I don't know if the game is only going to be fast paced or if it's going to be one of those games that the pace of the game can change based on where you are on the map and where everyone is on the map. So I hope the makers of Battlefield 1 really strike a good balance of keeping with the WW1 theme, game play speed, and tactical game play because if they make it too fast paced and too run and gunny the game isn't going to be too enjoyable for me.

photo-85015.gif

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Battlefield has (always?) had physics on all projectiles. Bullets are projectiles that drop, same with tank shells, all the stuff like that. The games are not always super fast-paced, and the maps are on a large scale (64-player games on big maps.) 

I used to be quite active here.

3 minutes ago, Kobathor said:

Battlefield has (always?) had physics on all projectiles. Bullets are projectiles that drop, same with tank shells, all the stuff like that. The games are not always super fast-paced, and the maps are on a large scale (64-player games on big maps.) 

Ok I was just concerned they were going to try copying COD. Like I said I have never played a battlefield game before and I'm a little cautious before I get into first person shooter games. And I'm happy to hear they have the physics on the projectiles and the large maps do sound very welcoming to someone who likes big large maps that leave room for actaually allow you to think where you should be and what impact would you have to the battle for being there.

1 minute ago, SuperShermanTanker said:

Ok I was just concerned they were going to try copying COD. Like I said I have never played a battlefield game before and I'm a little cautious before I get into first person shooter games. And I'm happy to hear they have the physics on the projectiles and the large maps do sound very welcoming to someone who likes big large maps that leave room for actaually allow you to think where you should be and what impact would you have to the battle for being there.

It's a very team-oriented game. There are modes like TDM that are on small maps and are fast-paced, but lots of the popularity of the game comes from the big battles. It's fun moving as squads, taking objectives and attacking sensitive points on the maps.

Battlefield is about emulating chaos, with everything at once going with no control at all, (A battlefield experience)

let us all remember now and today, computers do not like abuse, they will fight back!

Old Skool KILLBOX. XEON E5640 4.0ghz / ASUS P6X58D-E ~ Noctua NH-L12 ~ eVGA GTX 670 SC 2GB 1312/7000 ~ 4TB 7200 RPM RAID0 ~ CoolerMaster Haf 922 ~ DELL P214H 23" 1080 IPS 2ms ~ HP w2007v 1680x1050. Now Playing: Splinter Cell OG XBOX / CSGO PC

Original XBOX - Xecuter 2 4981.67 Bios. Playstation 2 Slim SCPH-70002. Sega Dreamcast. N64

Maybe RedOrchestra 2 is more what you are looking for.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

1 hour ago, SuperShermanTanker said:

snip

Well I think you can tell sort of how it will be like based off previous Battlefield games, which I've only tried to play BF3 Free to play when that was a thing. 

I agree some level of realism is a good thing and to an extent older COD games like Black Ops 1 and 2 and MW3 did pretty decently, but honestly I kinda enjoyed BO3 when I rented it.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

21 minutes ago, Kobathor said:

It's a very team-oriented game. There are modes like TDM that are on small maps and are fast-paced, but lots of the popularity of the game comes from the big battles. It's fun moving as squads, taking objectives and attacking sensitive points on the maps.

Thanks for informing me about the battlefield series of games now knowing this I can say I'm not buying a copy of COD and am actually buying a game that will actually require the player to think while playing the game.

1 minute ago, SuperShermanTanker said:

Thanks for informing me about the battlefield series of games now knowing this I can say I'm not buying a copy of COD and am actually buying a game that will actually require the player to think while playing the game.

*BUT* I would wait for the reviews. While the game has realistic features, it's not a very realistic game. There are tactics involved, if that's what you're looking for. I love the games.

14 minutes ago, Praesi said:

Maybe RedOrchestra 2 is more what you are looking for.

I do want to get RedOrchestra 2 also I know it is more true to the actual pace of a battle I wanted to just ask about battlefield 1 because it's a new game and I was curious about it

8 minutes ago, Kobathor said:

*BUT* I would wait for the reviews. While the game has realistic features, it's not a very realistic game. There are tactics involved, if that's what you're looking for. I love the games.

What I mainly focus on is the tactics because thats going to be a big part in the gameplay so if the tactical side is strong and as long as you don't feel like you have a disguised laser rifle I think it should be fairly enjoyable for me