My highest end build ever turned out to be my slowest PC :-(

FitEyes

Comparing my Fire Strike score to other Xeon systems with similar graphics cards, the score is comparable. For example

Score 9901 by vendassidi1234: Intel Xeon Processor E5-2660 v2 2,200 MHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (1x Off) 1,392 MHz

Gaming benchmarks is mostly all about your GPU, having a faster CPU/lots of threads won't really affect it, other than removing the potential bottleneck/help in physic based game benchmark. You will mostly want to test the CPU and RAM, since I doubt gaming was a priority when you bought/built your workstation.

Try running Cinebench (cpu), the passmark benchmark(bit of everything), ATTO disk benchmark(disk speed), wprime(cpu), etc etc etc...

You can get an idea of the type of benchmark you could run by looking at reviews of CPUs that do not concentrate around gaming, like this one
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/intel-core-i7-5960x-haswell-e-cpu,3918-3.html

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Cinebench R15:

• OpenGL 126.90 fps (rank #1); Ref Match 99.6%
  • CPU 1306 cb (rank #1)
  • CPU (Single Core) 114 cb; MP Ratio: 11.47x

Fire Strike v1.1 score 10712
http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/12560080

I'm running Windows from a spinning disk, so disk benchmarks under Windows are not of interest.

And you are sure your not thermal throttling.

Motivation is where, and what you make of it.

“It is relatively unusual that a physical scientist is truly an atheist. Why is this true? Some point to the anthropic constraints, the remarkable fine tuning of the universe. For example, Freeman Dyson, a Princeton faculty member, has said, ‘Nature has been kinder to us that we had any right to expect.'”  Albert Einstein

22 hours ago, Energycore said:

Fire up memtest86+ (it's a bootable application, download the iso then mount it and image it with the included tool into a USB drive) to see if your memory's having problems.

Show us numbers on CrystalDiskMark to see if your drive is being slow.

Show us a score in a 3DMark Firestrike run so we can compare it to the score of similar graphics solutions (the physics score won't hurt to look at too).

And finally, show us a Cinebench score to see if the CPU's the one giving you trouble.

1 hour ago, FitEyes said:

Cinebench R15:

• OpenGL 126.90 fps (rank #1); Ref Match 99.6%
  • CPU 1306 cb (rank #1)
  • CPU (Single Core) 114 cb; MP Ratio: 11.47x

Fire Strike v1.1 score 10712
http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/12560080

I'm running Windows from a spinning disk, so disk benchmarks under Windows are not of interest.

Did you run Memtest86+?

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

Am I reading this thread wrong, or does this overkill powerful build seem to perform excellent in every objective benchmark, it's just the OS that sucks?

You turned off "show me tips about windows" right?

Motivation is where, and what you make of it.

“It is relatively unusual that a physical scientist is truly an atheist. Why is this true? Some point to the anthropic constraints, the remarkable fine tuning of the universe. For example, Freeman Dyson, a Princeton faculty member, has said, ‘Nature has been kinder to us that we had any right to expect.'”  Albert Einstein