Low Voltage Ram

I want to use low voltage ram with my system but my motherboard doesn't specifically say it supports it, will this be a problem or will I have incompatibility issues?

5 minutes ago, MDH said:

I want to use low voltage ram with my system but my motherboard doesn't specifically say it supports it, will this be a problem or will I have incompatibility issues?

It should work regardless, the other way around may not work though(ex. ddr3l in ddr3)

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

5 minutes ago, typographie said:

Need some specifics. What RAM, and what motherboard/CPU?

Specifics not set in stone, just generally asking will 1.35V work fine in most systems. But specifically, I am thinking about using an ASRock H61M-HVS motherboard with a i5 3570K, don't know the ram specs, just 1.35V.

2 minutes ago, SLAYR said:

It should work regardless, the other way around may not work though(ex. ddr3l in ddr3)

Ah, cool. So there are motherboard built for DDR3L?

1 minute ago, MDH said:

Specifics not set in stone, just generally asking will 1.35V work fine in most systems. But specifically, I am thinking about using an ASRock H61M-HVS motherboard with a i5 3570K, don't know the ram specs, just 1.35V.

Don't worry too much. Low voltage ram will work just fine. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

1 minute ago, DildorTheDecent said:

Don't worry too much. Low voltage ram will work just fine. 

Awesome, thanks.

3 minutes ago, MDH said:

Ah, cool. So there are motherboard built for DDR3L?

Certain skylake boards have ddr3l only since the higher voltage can kill the memory controller, but your h61 board will be fine.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •