Headaches

HectorElFather

I have very light headaches when I wake up. People told me to check my blood pressure. I did and found nothing wrong ( average 110/70 resting sys/dia rate) then  I went to the cardiologist and they inspected my heart by using some tools that showed some EKG lines and I could see my own heart beating on a monitor it was pretty fun cuz it was some X-ray. Then I had to use a treadmill to run the next day and they put some cords on my chest and they measured some values. Well the results are cool, my heart is in fine condition, no problems at all. Then they put 24-hour EKG and blood pressure machines on my body and I had to do my daily routines with those on and I also had to sleep with those. I also had an f/MRI brain scan done because I wanted to know what's up and they found nothing either...I paid my ass off for these, lol.

Then a few days later I went to a blood check and they found nothing wrong either...A few months ago I also had an abdominal/chest x-ray (they checked my lungs and abdominal area due to my job I have to do these inspections annually) and found nothing. 

So what the f is wrong with me :( 

I feel these light headaches almost all time I wake up-.-

I am 174 cm tall - 79-80kg male.

Does it clear up by itself in the morning/during the day? The only thought I have is dehydration can be a contributing factor. Try taking on a bit more water at night.

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

54 minutes ago, porina said:

Does it clear up by itself in the morning/during the day? The only thought I have is dehydration can be a contributing factor. Try taking on a bit more water at night.

Yeah usually in 3 hours during the day it automatically fades away without taking any pills. Hmm, I'll drink 2 liters of mineral water before going to sleep, I'll see how it is.

Could be diet related, diabetes/blood sugar? dehydration? caffeine? etc etc etc

2 minutes ago, HectorElFather said:

Yeah usually in 3 hours during the day it automatically fades away without taking any pills. Hmm, I'll drink 2 liters of mineral water before going to sleep, I'll see how it is.

2 litres is too much, dont be silly

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

1 minute ago, ShadowCaptain said:

Could be diet related, diabetes/blood sugar? dehydration? caffeine? etc etc etc

2 litres is too much, dont be silly

blood sugar levels are fine, no diabetes and I don't take caffeine...dehydration might be the case because I don't recall drinking water before going to sleep. I'll try doing that tonight. 

This could be as simple as needing to change your pillows (assuming you use them) and/or mattress and/or general sleeping configuration... Additionally you may be assuming strange positions in your sleep - record yourself perhaps.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Could be a muscular thing - tight muscles in your neck and upper shoulders can have knock-on effect, much in the same way that overly tight hamstrings can effect your lower back etc. Look at doing some stretches for your shoulders and neck. Also, stress/anxiety can worsen these things; if you've been checked over medically, then it doesn't sound like there are any underlying problems. As the saying goes - no news is good news. Ventilation in your bedroom is also worth a look; if I overheat during the night then I'll wake up feeling like a boil-in-the-bag meal, usually with an accompanying headache (probably minor dehydration).

Dehydration can certainly cause headaches, but 2L of water before bed guarantees only one thing - you'll be pissing like a horse at 4AM. I might have a couple of glasses of water over the course of an evening, but there's no benefit to downing half a gallon other than to stress-test your bladder. Most importantly of all - don't worry about it. :)

2 hours ago, HectorElFather said:

Don't over do it, as that could lead to different problems. Maybe try a small/medium glass to start with. 

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

I have done all of these, as well (yey for free healthcare :D), and nothing was found. I suffer pretty bad migraines, pretty often, and from what I understood, it's not unusual, and has no cause mostly... After I got hospitalized I got some pills that seem to help, but it really depends on the person.

Try to see if you get these after too little \ too much sleep, if a certain food might trigger it, light or noise, or specific noise \ light, etc'. Once you find the reason, do your best to avoid it. RN I am thinking it's too little and too much sleep for me (yes, both, sucks eh?), and heat - summers are hell.

Could also be dehydration, as a few people already said - especially if it fades after a few hours. Just get yourself a cool bottle and drink periodically,best if you learn to do it absent-mindedly, then you dont notice how fast you consume the water you need :P

Hope you find your "cure" for that!

I would consider going for a sleep study. It could possibly have something to do with your oxygen/carbon dioxide levels.

I used to have heavy migraines all the time. They completely went away with SSRIs of all things, and now Im and SNRI junkie.

I did drugs and my brain got better! Yay.

Linus is my fetish.

On 2016-06-16 at 5:45 AM, Quinnbeast said:

Could be a muscular thing - tight muscles in your neck and upper shoulders can have knock-on effect, much in the same way that overly tight hamstrings can effect your lower back etc. Look at doing some stretches for your shoulders and neck. Also, stress/anxiety can worsen these things; if you've been checked over medically, then it doesn't sound like there are any underlying problems. As the saying goes - no news is good news. Ventilation in your bedroom is also worth a look; if I overheat during the night then I'll wake up feeling like a boil-in-the-bag meal, usually with an accompanying headache (probably minor dehydration).

Dehydration can certainly cause headaches, but 2L of water before bed guarantees only one thing - you'll be pissing like a horse at 4AM. I might have a couple of glasses of water over the course of an evening, but there's no benefit to downing half a gallon other than to stress-test your bladder. Most importantly of all - don't worry about it. :)

Good point. Furthermore, drinking too much water is actually poisonous to humans (Shocking I know). Water toxicity is a real thing, and it can destroy your kidneys and bladder. Drinking 2L of water just about any time in one sitting is never a good idea :P

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

9 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

Good point. Furthermore, drinking too much water is actually poisonous to humans (Shocking I know). Water toxicity is a real thing, and it can destroy your kidneys and bladder. Drinking 2L of water just about any time in one sitting is never a good idea :P

You overreact that. If you put it like that, everything's poisonous if taken excessively. I drank 2,5l + with one breath (we made a bet with my friends - they said I wouldn't make it but guess what I did and I won $50) and nothing happened...I just felt like my stomach was about to explode, I had the feeling of vomit as well and I went to the toilet like 6 times within 1 hour. Nothing serious happened and if I did it again the same would happen.

You overreact that. If you put it like that, everything's poisonous if taken excessively. I drank 2,5l + with one breath (we made a bet with my friends - they said I wouldn't make it but guess what I did and I won $50) and nothing happened...I just felt like my stomach was about to explode, I had the feeling of vomit as well and I went to the toilet like 6 times within 1 hour. Nothing serious happened and if I did it again the same would happen.

Well you put an incredible strain on your body. Doing it once? Sure no lasting harm. But excessively drinking too much water can indeed cause major health issues.

My point was simply that drinking 2L of water right before bed is not exactly how you solve dehydration :P Start with 0.5-1L, or maybe 2L over the course of like 6 hours heading up to bed time.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 3:59 PM, HectorElFather said:

I have very light headaches when I wake up. People told me to check my blood pressure. I did and found nothing wrong ( average 110/70 resting sys/dia rate) then  I went to the cardiologist and they inspected my heart by using some tools that showed some EKG lines and I could see my own heart beating on a monitor it was pretty fun cuz it was some X-ray. Then I had to use a treadmill to run the next day and they put some cords on my chest and they measured some values. Well the results are cool, my heart is in fine condition, no problems at all. Then they put 24-hour EKG and blood pressure machines on my body and I had to do my daily routines with those on and I also had to sleep with those. I also had an f/MRI brain scan done because I wanted to know what's up and they found nothing either...I paid my ass off for these, lol.

Then a few days later I went to a blood check and they found nothing wrong either...A few months ago I also had an abdominal/chest x-ray (they checked my lungs and abdominal area due to my job I have to do these inspections annually) and found nothing. 

So what the f is wrong with me :( 

I feel these light headaches almost all time I wake up-.-

I am 174 cm tall - 79-80kg male.

For your height you are a but heavy.

According to your BMI you are apparently Overweight.

for your height you should be about 70KG.

How is your sleep? How much exercise do you do?

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

1 hour ago, AluminiumTech said:

I never thought you were the type to fat shame xD

dXts15y.gif

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

1 hour ago, AluminiumTech said:

Yeah I'm overweight a bit. I'm not fat at all, though. I don't look fat.

10 minutes ago, HectorElFather said:

Yeah I'm overweight a bit. I'm not fat at all, though. I don't look fat.

Sleep does help and so does a bit of exercise.

I'm not fitness buff but still doing some exercise is good for you.

And sleep is important.

Do you get more than 8 hours of sleep a day?

Do you drink at least 1 litre of water per day? (Most people don't and this is a big cause for headaches)

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

44 minutes ago, Nuluvius said:

I never thought you were the type to fat shame xD

dXts15y.gif

According to BMI he is slightly larger than he should be.

I was suggesting he try to do a little bit of exercise.....

And sleep well.

I didn't mean anything offensive by it.

1 minute ago, AluminiumTech said:

According to BMI he is slightly larger than he should be.

I was suggesting he try to do a little bit of exercise.....

And sleep well.

So it's all about me being fat? I'm not even fat, bro. I don't even have double chin or huge belly or waist...

1 minute ago, HectorElFather said:

So it's all about me being fat? I'm not even fat, bro. I don't even have double chin or huge belly or waist...

Dude. That was just a suggestion to lose a tiny bit of weight. It couldn't hurt to try.

BUT do you drink enough water? THis is a big one. Do you drink 1 litre of water per day?

1 minute ago, AluminiumTech said:

Dude. That was just a suggestion to lose a tiny bit of weight. It couldn't hurt to try.

BUT do you drink enough water? THis is a big one. Do you drink 1 litre of water per day?

If I'm right I drink like 0,3-0,5l liquid throughout the day.

1 minute ago, HectorElFather said:

If I'm right I drink like 0,3-0,5l liquid throughout the day.

Drink more! Lots more. Like 1-2 litres per day is highly recommended!

I am guilty of not drinking enough during school days and I feel the difference between drinking enough and not enough.

2 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

Drink more! Lots more. Like 1-2 litres per day is highly recommended!

I am guilty of not drinking enough during school days and I feel the difference between drinking enough and not enough.

I will drink 2l during the day then, see how it goes. But the funny thing is I don't usually feel dehydrated or bad in general...damn.

I will drink 2l during the day then, see how it goes. But the funny thing is I don't usually feel dehydrated or bad in general...damn.

Also, try to avoid gaming under 30fps. It gives me headaches if I do that for a long time.