Should I?

xiduckix

So I've been recently been looking at getting the new nivdia Gtx 1070 however, my power supply doesn't have any of the pin connectors (or whatever you call them) it's a 550w power supply will it be ok to order adapters from molexes to 6 pin to 8 pin. I don't want anything blowing up 

4 minutes ago, xiduckix said:

So I've been recently been looking at getting the new nivdia Gtx 1070 however, my power supply doesn't have any of the pin connectors (or whatever you call them) it's a 550w power supply will it be ok to order adapters from molexes to 6 pin to 8 pin. I don't want anything blowing up 

my psu doesnt have 2 8 pin connectors to power both my CPUs in my dual xeon rig so i bought an adapter and nothing blew up 

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning." -Albert Einstein

I don't see any problems with that. However I know shit about electricity :P

you should.

Desktop Build Log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/486571-custom-wooden-case-with-lighting/#entry6529892

thinkpad l450, i5-5200u, 8gb ram, 1080p ips, 250gb samsung ssd, fingerprint reader, 72wh battery <3, mx master, motorola lapdock as secound screen

Please quote if you want me to respond and marking as solved is always appreciated.

10 minutes ago, mikat said:

what power supply do you have?

rohs that's all that I know about the product type 

2 minutes ago, mikat said:

is this a pre built pc from someone like dell or hp?

because then i'd buy a new psu :)

It's a pre built but not by dell or up I got from online from a place called fresh tech 

2 minutes ago, xiduckix said:

It's a pre built but not by dell or up I got from online from a place called fresh tech 

then you should probably replace it before buying a 1070

you know, so its safe

and doesnt burn your house down

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

3 minutes ago, Enderman said:

then you should probably replace it before buying a 1070

you know, so its safe

and doesnt burn your house down

Ok thanks!