How Good are the DT 770's Earpads

cantalOPe

I'm thinking about getting the DT 770s, the only problem is, I have huge ears (6cm by 5cm as a rough estimate) they are also pointed outwards quite a bit (would need about 3.5 cm of depth to be comfortable), I was wondering if they would fit me fine, and if not, what are some aftermarket ear pads that would allow them to fit for me?

DT770/880/990 range are some of the most comfortable headphones I've ever used I'd suggest just trying them and see if you get on with them, amazon allow returns as well if you purchase them from there.

CPU: i7 5820k @4.4GHz | MoboMSI MPower X99A | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Quad Channel Corsair LP | GPU: EVGA 1080 FTW Case: Define R5 Black Window | OS: Win 10 Pro

Storage: SanDisk Ultra II 960GB 2x WD Red 4TB | PSU: EVGA 750W G2 | Display:Acer XF270HU + Dell U2515H | Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC14PE

Keyboard: Ducky One  TKL Browns | Mouse: Steel Series Rival 300 | Sound: DT990s

super comfy and tons of room, im sure they will fit you

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Probably brainwavz pads would do nicely aftermarket. I find the DT pads to start out comfortable, but they compress as they break down. I've had much better luck with the pads on my hifiman headphones.

I would say they start as 8-8.5/10 and become 4.5-5/10 over time.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

Yea when they are fresh they aren't bad but when they degrade they suck. Brainwaves pads are MUCH better. If you want to check out some REALLY good cans... something that is supposedly the best EVER... STAX ear speakers. They are ugly as hell but the best headphones apparently you can ever buy. Better low end than subwoofers.

Z reviews does a good review about them.

9 minutes ago, alphaproject said:

Yea when they are fresh they aren't bad but when they degrade they suck. Brainwaves pads are MUCH better. If you want to check out some REALLY good cans... something that is supposedly the best EVER... STAX ear speakers. They are ugly as hell but the best headphones apparently you can ever buy. Better low end than subwoofers.

No headphone has better bass performance than a (good) subwoofer.

8 minutes ago, SSL said:

I would like to hear them, but I would not want to use them. It would hurt to much to have a sub on your ear.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

15 hours ago, SSL said:

If you have not heard the Stax, you can't say no headphone can match a top notch sub.

We are talking frequencies. If you mean bone rattling bass... then of course not. Apparently though the Stax is just as good as a SVS PB13 Ultra.

Worth a listen at least, but they are FUGLY.

51 minutes ago, alphaproject said:

If you have not heard the Stax, you can't say no headphone can match a top notch sub.

We are talking frequencies. If you mean bone rattling bass... then of course not. Apparently though the Stax is just as good as a SVS PB13 Ultra.

Worth a listen at least, but they are FUGLY.

Holy crap, those ARE U G L Y. 

1 hour ago, alphaproject said:

No headphone can create infrasound or full-body vibration; therefore no headphone can match a sub. The lowest frequencies are felt as much as heard and even the best headphones cannot provide this effect. Bass that lacks this effect is incomplete. Sorry. You might value resolution and texture and whatnot, but that doesn't change facts or physics.

1 hour ago, alphaproject said:

Apparently though the Stax is just as good as a SVS PB13 Ultra.

Only apparently? Well then, if you have not heard a top notch sub, you can't claim the Stax can match one.

Are you done yet?

I already said the exact same thing about if you "need" the experience of the bass vs just the audio frequencies then don't bother.

So you basically just repeated what I said. Of course your body does not feel the bass with headphones. It's sort of like ... no shit. It does not mean however you can't find superior bass "sound" in "ear speakers".

I've heard reviews and I've listened to the Stax using recording equipment and analyzed them using my own headphones which have quite a bit of bass and they sounded amazing compared to other headphones I've heard using the exact same methods.

I'm done yes, thanks for asking.

55 minutes ago, alphaproject said:

I already said the exact same thing about if you "need" the experience of the bass vs just the audio frequencies then don't bother.

So you basically just repeated what I said. Of course your body does not feel the bass with headphones. It's sort of like ... no shit. It does not mean however you can't find superior bass "sound" in "ear speakers".

I've heard reviews and I've listened to the Stax using recording equipment and analyzed them using my own headphones which have quite a bit of bass and they sounded amazing compared to other headphones I've heard using the exact same methods.

I'm done yes, thanks for asking.

The fact remains you are accusing me of dismissing your claims without first-hand experience when apparently you have never heard a real subwoofer before - unless you'd like to clarify your previous statement.

In other words, you're hyping up a headphone in typical YouTube reviewer circle jerk fashion. Which is disgusting to witness. If you want to do that kind of thing, do it on head-fi.

Just now, Dackzy said:

I would say they start as 8-8.5/10 and become 4.5-5/10 over time.

You can clean them, Awesomesauce Network has a video on it.

Of course I've heard real subwoofers before. I have a SVS subwoofer now. I don't have the Stax but I believe they probably sound awesome.

It's called belief... maybe you've heard of it.

I don't need to believe subwoofers sound good... because I've witnessed them in person, many times that they do sound good. You can't seem to understand the possibility of something sounding as great as a subwoofer that you wear on your head, whether it's true or not. We are both guilty of the same thing except you are calling me a circle jerker while I have said nothing negative about you, so who is the more typical internet guy here?

I have not worn the Stax and neither have you but I simply chose to believe they do something most other headphones cannot do. You don't believe, I do... it's as simple as that.

I don't need my walls to rattle in order to enjoy bass.

4 hours ago, alphaproject said:

I have not worn the Stax and neither have you but I simply chose to believe they do something most other headphones cannot do. You don't believe, I do... it's as simple as that.

Wait you have not tried Stax, but you comment on their bass anyways...

Well I have and no the bass in Stax headphones are not that great as you make it seem, I actually think that planar bass is better.

4 hours ago, alphaproject said:

Which model did you try? The 2170 are the ones I'm talking about.

stax SR L700 and SR 007II. Let me guess you have watched z reviews...

On 6/16/2016 at 1:47 AM, alphaproject said:

Of course I've heard real subwoofers before. I have a SVS subwoofer now. I don't have the Stax but I believe they probably sound awesome.

It's called belief... maybe you've heard of it.

I don't need to believe subwoofers sound good... because I've witnessed them in person, many times that they do sound good. You can't seem to understand the possibility of something sounding as great as a subwoofer that you wear on your head, whether it's true or not. We are both guilty of the same thing except you are calling me a circle jerker while I have said nothing negative about you, so who is the more typical internet guy here?

You have not even heard the Stax yet are making SWEEPING claims about the bass they produce as if you have heard it, when in reality you are regurgitating what the shill Zeos has spewed on his YouTube channel. At this point you're easily the most dishonest person that I have knowingly encountered on this forum.

I have no problem with people reporting on either what reviews have said (trustworthy ones) or the general consensus on a piece of gear, but making such over-hyped claims as though you have heard the gear in question is frankly disgusting; and seriously robs you of credibility.

I do not know why you are railing on about belief as though you are some kind of fundamental religious apologist, but I can tell you that your belief counts for nothing. I can believe that Beats are the best sounding headphones ever, but that doesn't make it true. I think the real story here is that you are a major Zeos fanboy/shill/circle-jerker and are just trying to further his opinion wherever possible.

Yawn SSL, just Yawn.... You are the most boring person I've met on these forums.

"Do not judge them from the first notes you hear through them (nor from their looks). I've had them for 3 days and they seem to get better every day. I don't know if it's due to the plastic sheet collecting a charge or whatever... but they sound far better today than they did the first time I played them. The highs are crisp without being overpowering and I've never heard bass like this in a set of headphones (head speakers, seriously)."

A review that sounds about what I expected from them from a verified purchase on Amazon. I guess every person lies. Must be nice to be salty all the time.

7 minutes ago, alphaproject said:

Yawn SSL, just Yawn.... You are the most boring person I've met on these forums.

"Do not judge them from the first notes you hear through them (nor from their looks). I've had them for 3 days and they seem to get better every day. I don't know if it's due to the plastic sheet collecting a charge or whatever... but they sound far better today than they did the first time I played them. The highs are crisp without being overpowering and I've never heard bass like this in a set of headphones (head speakers, seriously)."

A review that sounds about what I expected from them from a verified purchase on Amazon. I guess every person lies. Must be nice to be salty all the time.

You do know that he is completely incompetent at reviewing audio, right?

That retard of a audio youtuber should just stop, before he fucks even more shit up. He is very sensitive to highs, has bad hearing, changes his view on things very often, don't know simple things about audio, can't even descripe headphones he has for review often.

He is the Trump of audio reviewers aka cancer.

32 minutes ago, alphaproject said:

A review that sounds about what I expected from them from a verified purchase on Amazon.

Just about that level, yes. Proves my point, really.

Someone sensitive to highs yet has bad hearing. You do know that highs are the first to go right?