Fallout

10degnorth

Hello, i am trying to decide on what game to get.

I can either

1. Buy Fallout 3 right now

2. Save up for Fallout 4

Which game do you guys think is better.

(FYI i would be pushing the limits on the performance of my computer with Fallout 4)

Thanks

Fallout 3 offered me a lot more content than I ever got out of Fallout 4. Plus, the modding community is much larger, and the game will run on a wider variety of hardware. I wouldn't pick up Fallout 4 unless you can score it for $30 or less. 

That being said, you should also consider picking up Fallout: New Vegas. Although I think Fallout 3 is a better game, a lot of people really came to love New Vegas, and as such there's a larger variety of mods, and objectively from a gameplay point of view, New Vegas fixes a lot of 3's mistakes.

i would say fallout 4 even tho im too scared to play it lol, (i got fallout 4 for free)

i never played fallout 3

8 minutes ago, NonaHexa said:

Fallout 3 offered me a lot more content than I ever got out of Fallout 4. Plus, the modding community is much larger, and the game will run on a wider variety of hardware. I wouldn't pick up Fallout 4 unless you can score it for $30 or less. 

That being said, you should also consider picking up Fallout: New Vegas. Although I think Fallout 3 is a better game, a lot of people really came to love New Vegas, and as such there's a larger variety of mods, and objectively from a gameplay point of view, New Vegas fixes a lot of 3's mistakes.

I got the best deal with both of them I think. FO3 and FONV for $30 due to a buy 1 get 1 free deal.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

NonaHexa, I  was looking at New Vegas and fallout 3 and fallout 3 looked like it had better graphics and looked more complete

2 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

I got the best deal with both of them I think. FO3 and FONV for $30 due to a buy 1 get 1 free deal.

Where did you find such a deal

Steam sales in like 10 days.. Wait to get any of the fallouts then. Usually 3 and NV go down to around $2. Fallout 4 will also probably go down, but not too significantly. 

But definitely pick up 3 and NV. 

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

1 minute ago, Slottr said:

Steam sales in like 10 days.. Wait to get any of the fallouts then. Usually 3 and NV go down to around $2. Fallout 4 will also probably go down, but not too significantly. 

But definitely pick up 3 and NV. 

Ok thanks for the advice

26 minutes ago, 10degnorth said:

Where did you find such a deal

The Aussie side of gamestop as it happens.....EBgames (it was around Christmas last year though).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL