Avoiding breath sounds on a headset

Hello,

I recently purchased HyperX Cloud (1) and I am really satisfied with it, I even quite like the microphone quality, but when I tried to record my voice for a video, people started compalining about my loud breathing. I noticed, it's becuase air I am breathng out from my nose is direcly hitting the microphone and making an anoying sound sometimes lounder than my voice. I tried to position the microphone, but whenever I try to put it away from area, where air comes out from my nose, the microphone quality is too bad (the sound quality is rapidly decreasing by putting the microphone further from my mouth). It is also so loud, becuase I can't breath very well with my other nostril, so the one over the microphone is outputing much more air. When I try breathing only by mouth it's ok (but quite annoying for me) and when I'm doing a commentary I don't breat out so much, but sometimes I do and it gets annoying. So my question is, do you think there is any other way to lower the sound of breathing or remove it except manualy editing out every breath in audio editor? BTW. The microphone does have a small pop filter on it. I even have a video where I first experienced this issue, but it is not in English, but if you want I can post it here or record a sample.
I apologise for any mistakes (English is not my native language), thanks for reading and hope someone will reply soon! :)

Solution: stop breathing.

JK, try moving the mic to the side of your mouth as opposed to directly in front.  Move it to the side.  If it is too quite, give it a mic boost in the settings.

Sorry to hear about your nose issues.  My best friend had a fractured nose since birth.  She, just a few years ago, got it fixed.  Was so happy for her! :D

Move the mic further away from your mouth. The ideal location for a headset mic to in line with the corner of your mouth. If there's still issues, get some soft foam to make your own wind blocker like you see on bigger microphones.

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

Your headset should be down here, at the corner of your mouth, not infront of your nose or mouth

Headset_Mic_Placement.jpg

potentially below your mouth too, and to the side, so that you are not breathing onto it

hbm319_lifestyle.jpg

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

16 minutes ago, Rodinski said:

Solution: stop breathing.

JK, try moving the mic to the side of your mouth as opposed to directly in front.  Move it to the side.  If it is too quite, give it a mic boost in the settings.

Sorry to hear about your nose issues.  My best friend had a fractured nose since birth.  She, just a few years ago, got it fixed.  Was so happy for her! :D

OMG, just everyone seems to suggest stopping breathing :D. Gotta try that. Mic boost is not helping for me, still as anoying as without it. Moving to side I found a better position now. Thanks for reply!

10 minutes ago, DevilishBooster said:

Move the mic further away from your mouth. The ideal location for a headset mic to in line with the corner of your mouth. If there's still issues, get some soft foam to make your own wind blocker like you see on bigger microphones.

I tried moving it to side and it is quite good right now. But could I ask what kind of foam would you put on a headset mic with a popfilter? Thanks for answering anyway!

11 minutes ago, ShadowCaptain said:

Your headset should be down here, at the corner of your mouth, not infront of your nose or mouth

Headset_Mic_Placement.jpg

potentially below your mouth too, and to the side, so that you are not breathing onto it

hbm319_lifestyle.jpg

I have messed around with it a bit and it is better now (The pictures helped too :D). It is still hearable, but not that anoying. Thanks for replying!

18 minutes ago, ShadowCaptain said:

-Snip-

Man these pictures, making me breathe air vividly in to my microphone while laughing. 

18 minutes ago, Rorooo said:

OMG, just everyone seems to suggest stopping breathing :D. Gotta try that. Mic boost is not helping for me, still as anoying as without it. Moving to side I found a better position now. Thanks for reply!

I tried moving it to side and it is quite good right now. But could I ask what kind of foam would you put on a headset mic with a popfilter? Thanks for answering anyway!

I have messed around with it a bit and it is better now (The pictures helped too :D). It is still hearable, but not that anoying. Thanks for replying!

Start looking at stuff like this. http://www.scansound.com/index.php/microphone-windscreens-1.html

Idk where you live and what options you have for ordering stuff online, so you're going to have to do a lot of leg work to figure it out.

END OF LINE

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

2 minutes ago, DevilishBooster said:

Start looking at stuff like this. http://www.scansound.com/index.php/microphone-windscreens-1.html

Idk where you live and what options you have for ordering stuff online, so you're going to have to do a lot of leg work to figure it out.

The problem is, I have already got something like that on my microphone, but it is not helping me when cancelling breathing sounds, but quite well filters pops. HyperX-Cloud-_white_HyperX_Cloud_white_m

5 minutes ago, Rorooo said:

The problem is, I have already got something like that on my microphone, but it is not helping me when cancelling breathing sounds, but quite well filters pops. HyperX-Cloud-_white_HyperX_Cloud_white_m

Then you just need to play around with its positioning to find the least breath noise. If you properly position it and adjust the mic settings in Windows audio control then you shouldn't have any problems. It sounds like your gain might be turned up to high.

END OF LINE

48 minutes ago, DevilishBooster said:

Then you just need to play around with its positioning to find the least breath noise. If you properly position it and adjust the mic settings in Windows audio control then you shouldn't have any problems. It sounds like your gain might be turned up to high.

I am sorry, it may be my English, but what do you mean by gain?

12 minutes ago, Rorooo said:

I am sorry, it may be my English, but what do you mean by gain?

It basically means how sensitive the microphone is. Higher gain means that the microphone will pick up quieter sounds more easily, like wind and more distant noises in the background.

END OF LINE

43 minutes ago, DevilishBooster said:

It basically means how sensitive the microphone is. Higher gain means that the microphone will pick up quieter sounds more easily, like wind and more distant noises in the background.

Do you mean the microphone level?

4 minutes ago, Rorooo said:

Do you mean the microphone level?

It depends on what settings are available for the microphone within Audio Control.

Right click on the little speaker icon in the bottom right corner, and click on "Recording Devices".

Find your microphone in the Recording tab of the window that opens, right click, and click on "Properties".

See what settings are available to change in the "Levels" tab.

Different microphones have different options depending on their design, so it will be up to you to figure it out because I can't replicate your exact situation.

END OF LINE

2 hours ago, Rorooo said:

It is still hearable, but not that anoying. Thanks for replying!

Again, if all is lost: stop breathing :P 

22 minutes ago, JoeyDM said:

Again, if all is lost: stop breathing :P 

2 hours ago, Rorooo said:

OMG, just everyone seems to suggest stopping breathing :D. Gotta try that.

xD

23 minutes ago, DevilishBooster said:

It depends on what settings are available for the microphone within Audio Control.

Right click on the little speaker icon in the bottom right corner, and click on "Recording Devices".

Find your microphone in the Recording tab of the window that opens, right click, and click on "Properties".

See what settings are available to change in the "Levels" tab.

Different microphones have different options depending on their design, so it will be up to you to figure it out because I can't replicate your exact situation.

I have only the levels and microphone boost there and the microphone boost disapears too when pluging into my USB soundcard. (But the mic boost doesn't seem to help anyway)

2 minutes ago, Rorooo said:

I have only the levels and microphone boost there and the microphone boost disapears too when pluging into my USB soundcard. (But the mic boost doesn't seem to help anyway)

If you are plugging into a USB sound card then you would need to adjust the levels for the sound card.

END OF LINE

I recorded a commentary and it is ok now, it is sometimes hearable, but not that annoying. I positioned the mic to side of my mouth as @DevilishBooster and @ShadowCaptain suggested. Thank you all for helping and replying! Have a nice day!