10-20min after playing a game my pc shuts down!!! Help Me Please

Okay, so in happened after Nvidia Driver 368.22. Not sure if it is the driver, but probably not. I was playing BF4 and about 20ish min in to playing it shut down. The last temps i remember seeing on Open Hard Ware Monitor was 56 on the cpu and 78ish on the Gpu. I have no idea why it shuts down. I went in to the event logs and got completely lost having never been in those folders before.I have no clue what to do....please help :(

Specs

Intel i7-4790K(not overclocked)

MSI (980ti)

Corsair CX600M PSU

Asus motherboard

16gb of Crucial memory (4x4)

Crucial SSD

Seagate 1Tb Hard Drive

CPU | i7-4790K  GPU | MSI GTX 980ti  RAM | 16gb (4x4gb) Crucial PSU | Corsair HX850i  MotherBoard | Asus Maximus VII Hero Cooling | H110i  Storage | 1TB Samsung SSD 1TB Segate Hard Drive 256gb Crucial SSD (boot drive) 

3 hours ago, TacticalPC said:

Okay, so in happened after Nvidia Driver 368.22. Not sure if it is the driver, but probably not. I was playing BF4 and about 20ish min in to playing it shut down. The last temps i remember seeing on Open Hard Ware Monitor was 56 on the cpu and 78ish on the Gpu. I have no idea why it shuts down. I went in to the event logs and got completely lost having never been in those folders before.I have no clue what to do....please help :(

Specs

MSI (980ti)

Corsair CX600M PSU

Asus motherboard

Crucial SSD

Seagate 1Tb Hard Drive

Your CPU is probably overheating and causing a Thermal Shutdown. 

| CPU: Core i7-4790K  |  Motherboard:  MSI Gaming Z97 GAMING 5 LGA 1150  |  CPU Cooler:  NZXT Kraken X61 |
| GPU: Single 8GB EVGA GTX 1070 FTW |  RAMCorsair Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR3 1600 MHz |  CaseCorsair 330R Titanium Edition

6 minutes ago, Vengeance_K1ng said:

Your CPU is probably overheating and causing a Thermal Shutdown. 

nah, t-junction is 100C on the 4790k

Woo!

What OS are you using?
When did this problem start? any certain update or program install? Any changes in hardware -or is this a new pc?

I personally have had really bad experiences with newer nvidia drivers.

I have been running stable since i started using 365.10 with my gtx 770

Photography / Finance / Gaming

Now that i think about it when i first started playing BF4 the game used to crash for me ALL the time
Then i switched to running  BF4 in 32bit in Origin and it has been running stable 

Does the PC crash with any other games? or just bf4

Photography / Finance / Gaming

3 hours ago, Wiflare said:

nah, t-junction is 100C on the 4790k

I know, but he might not be catching it as it happens. i have that cpu lol, and i get up to about 87 -94 C in the summer.

| CPU: Core i7-4790K  |  Motherboard:  MSI Gaming Z97 GAMING 5 LGA 1150  |  CPU Cooler:  NZXT Kraken X61 |
| GPU: Single 8GB EVGA GTX 1070 FTW |  RAMCorsair Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR3 1600 MHz |  CaseCorsair 330R Titanium Edition

• The Cpu Stays constant between the temperatures of 40 to 60 degrees Celsius.
  • Im Using Windows 10  
  • the only hardware change was a new keyboard if that counts?
  • I have an all in one liquid cooler cooling the CPU. I have had the cooler ever scene my CPu reached 100C while using the stock intel cooler. 

I feel as if it is the GPU getting to 78ish degrees Celsius, and anyone knows how to use the event logs, and if it would help i could get them, but i would need some help finding the right files. 

Specs

MSI (980ti)

Corsair CX600M PSU

Asus motherboard

Crucial SSD

Seagate 1Tb Hard Drive

CPU | i7-4790K  GPU | MSI GTX 980ti  RAM | 16gb (4x4gb) Crucial PSU | Corsair HX850i  MotherBoard | Asus Maximus VII Hero Cooling | H110i  Storage | 1TB Samsung SSD 1TB Segate Hard Drive 256gb Crucial SSD (boot drive) 

I know how to use the event logs and filter out various stuff to just the info for devices you are debugging , shoot me a PM and I'll explain unless you rather teamview or something.

Okay, so for those of you who asked if it does this with all game the answer is it does not. I played GTA for about an hour with no issues. Hope this helps.