TP-link Archer adsl AC1900 antenna question

marcd5123

Hi Guys just doing some homework would be great to get some feedback on how to place or best practice to place my TP- link Routers antennas it has three antennas that can be moved. 

It's been working great but recently it has been misbehaving dropping out on the 5Ghz band.

Now it's got the new beamforming technology so realy should not matter to much and have left all three facing straight up but is this the best way??? 

1 minute ago, marcd5123 said:

Hi Guys just doing some homework would be great to get some feedback on how to place or best practice to place my TP- link Routers antennas it has three antennas that can be moved. 

It's been working great but recently it has been misbehaving dropping out on the 5Ghz band.

Now it's got the new beamforming technology so realy should not matter to much and have left all three facing straight up but is this the best way??? 

More importantly is that there is not obstructions around like thick walls you are trying to get around or interference near by.

I see it having little effect changing the position of the antennas on the unit as they are omni-directional and they can't really get them apart.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

What are you looking for?

Hi thanks for the reply. Im restricted to moving the router as I live in a studio flat so it was in the corner I have manged to move it towards the middle part of the back wall and its a little higher. 

I have played around changing the 5GHZ band manually but in the end the router seems to be able to handle it well under auto setting.

So okay ? I'll leave the antennas facing straight up. All appliances are in the same room anyhow. 

Laptop and phone generally work okay over Wi-Fi but my Sony smart TV using the 5Ghz normally behaves but using Netflix will not always stream 1080p all the time and will dip to 720p at times but that could be my adsl line at 6.5mbs to 7mbps.. 

I really don't want to use manual connection using cat6 cable that's why I invested in a decent router with beamforming technology... 

5 hours ago, marcd5123 said:

Hi thanks for the reply. Im restricted to moving the router as I live in a studio flat so it was in the corner I have manged to move it towards the middle part of the back wall and its a little higher. 

I have played around changing the 5GHZ band manually but in the end the router seems to be able to handle it well under auto setting.

So okay ? I'll leave the antennas facing straight up. All appliances are in the same room anyhow. 

Laptop and phone generally work okay over Wi-Fi but my Sony smart TV using the 5Ghz normally behaves but using Netflix will not always stream 1080p all the time and will dip to 720p at times but that could be my adsl line at 6.5mbs to 7mbps.. 

I really don't want to use manual connection using cat6 cable that's why I invested in a decent router with beamforming technology... 

Check for a firmware update? Ive seen firmware updates fix many problems. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.