Purple 980

Devlafford

So I painted my GTX 980 purple, and thought this was the kind of thing to share on the forum. I think it looks cool! I mostly followed the guide Linus had but I didn't have a paint booth, so I just used cardboard haha. I didn't break it!

Purple 980.jpg

nice

i bet it looks way better in person than it does through this potato cam :)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Very cool!

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Corsair H105, Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600MHz, EVGA RTX 3070Ti FTW3, Samsung 850 Pro / WD SN850 / OCZ Trion 150

ASUS MG279Q, Corsair Carbide 275R

sexy, I actually really like purple.

Is it more like a lavender-like purple in real life or more magenta colored pruple?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

nice

i bet it looks way better in person than it does through this potato cam :)

Yeah, I'm still on this trashcan Galaxy S5, it's the best I could do! It's a really deep plum purple irl

Looks nice!

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

Hey, that's pretty good. :D If you sanded down the green on the lettering it would be perfect. :)

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Frankie said:

Hey, that's pretty good. :D If you sanded down the green on the lettering it would be perfect. :)

I would've but I've been reading that sanding doesn't work on the 780ti and up. Still, it looks pretty sick even with the green LEDs; green and dark purple are a surprisingly good combo somehow. Here's another pic taken with the potato cam (please ignore my appalling cable management for now): 

purple 980 with LEDs.jpg

4 minutes ago, Devlafford said:

I would've but I've been reading that sanding doesn't work on the 780ti and up. Still, it looks pretty sick even with the green LEDs; green and dark purple are a surprisingly good combo somehow. Here's another pic taken with the potato cam (please ignore my appalling cable management for now): 

Oh, didn't know that. But you're right it's not bad, in fact check out @_TechPuppet_ awesome Riddler build if you have a while. She has whole build in that color scheme. :) 

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Oh, didn't know that. But you're right it's not bad, in fact check out @_TechPuppet_ awesome Riddler build if you have a while. She has whole build in that color scheme. :) 

Dear christ that is beautiful... One day.... I'll get there haha

1 minute ago, Devlafford said:

Dear christ that is beautiful... One day.... I'll get there haha

Yeah, it's pretty sick. :D I started modding pretty much right after I built my PC and it's load of fun, isn't it ? I know exactly how you feel looking at fruits of your modding labor :D

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler