AMD Radeon R9 290X to be officially released on October 15th

Youbetternot

How the? Didn't see that one... My bad

ANyways THATS WHAT YOU GET FOR BEING MUTE ON TS >:D

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Oh didn't read about the removal of the crossfire bridge. That'll be neat.

if your motherboard supports PCIE 3.0

<p>Mobo - Asus P9X79 LE ----------- CPU - I7 4930K @ 4.4GHz ------ COOLER - Custom Loop ---------- GPU - R9 290X Crossfire ---------- Ram - 8GB Corsair Vengence Pro @ 1866 --- SSD - Samsung 840 Pro 128GB ------ PSU - Corsair AX 860i ----- Case - Corsair 900D

Funny cuz Oct 15th is the EXACT day the BF4 beta ends.... coincidence-i-think-not-incredibles.gif

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

no crossfire bridge nessary!

PC : i7-3820 @ 4.3 GHz | Patriot Viper 3 Black Mamba 16 GB @ 2133MHz | Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI Windforce 3X | Gigabyte X79-UD5 | OCZ Vector 128 GB (Died) | WD Black 1TB |  | Asus Xonar DGX | Antch P280 | Asus PA238QR & NEC PA271w | LG 1440x900 Monitor | CM Storm Quickfire Pro (Cherry MX Brown) | Corsair M60 | Blue Snowball | Sennheiser HD 439 | IKEA Kitchen Table 

doesn't under embargo mean developers and reviewers aren't allowed to talk about it yet?

Also really curious to see what teh price will be for it.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(") This is Bunny.

what the fuck is with all gifs and shit recently? leave the gifs on reddit and use your words like big kids.

4770k @4.4 / 16GB @2400 / Plextor MP5X 128GB / MSI Mpower Z87 / MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC / AX860 / XSPC RX240 & EX240 / Koolance 380i / CM 690 II / Qnix 1440p @96Hz / Benq XL2420G

Current Status: Mourning the loss of my 780 ti 

Here is the article.

... "Hardware DMA Engine"... does that sound like something that will fix the horrible frame pacing issues in Crossfire? I hope. Sounds like it is built for that. 

This confirms the rumor about no Crossfire bridge necessary. 

6 displays on 1 GPU? Awesome. Just awesome. :D

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

HDMI on a top end card? What's up with that?

Hey. I use my TV. It has speakers. I need HDMI for that to carry the audio. 

Mind you, next on my list to buy after the R9 290X is a 1080p 23" monitor and some speakers. But still. You get the idea. It's good if you want to watch 4K movies or something on your 4K TV. 

Eh. Whatever.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Hey. I use my TV. It has speakers. I need HDMI for that to carry the audio. 

Mind you, next on my list to buy after the R9 290X is a 1080p 23" monitor and some speakers. But still. You get the idea. It's good if you want to watch 4K movies or something on your 4K TV. 

Eh. Whatever.

Get the Dell Ultrasharp U2312 <3 great monitor, no onboard speakers but the color is superb! they make an audio dock for it too if you want to go that route :)

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Yeah I wondered how crossfire was gonna work without connectors. Saw an article yesterday that explained it. Hopefully they fix the frame pacing issues with a Hardware solution :)

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Get the Dell Ultrasharp U2312 <3 great monitor, no onboard speakers but the color is superb! they make an audio dock for it too if you want to go that route :)

Thanks. I will look into it. :)

On topic: I am excited for the Hardware implementation. Mind you, it's not confirmed to fix frame pacing. And if it did, I doubt they'd list "Compatible with AMD Frame Pacing technologies". Hmm, we will see. I hope so. 

My ultimate plan is 4K 30" monitor with Crossfired 290X's. So I really hope so.

† Christian Member †

I posted this, please use search function

Annd my post is gone, and probably this one too...

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Thanks. I will look into it. :)

On topic: I am excited for the Hardware implementation. Mind you, it's not confirmed to fix frame pacing. And if it did, I doubt they'd list "Compatible with AMD Frame Pacing technologies". Hmm, we will see. I hope so. 

My ultimate plan is 4K 30" monitor with Crossfired 290X's. So I really hope so.

That will be insanely terrible when it comes to frame pacing. The new 4K displays use 2 signals to get one image, so you have crossfire and essentially a dual monitor setup, that's gonna be all over the place :/ hopefully they get that fixed before then.

Hail Sithis!

Not sure if trolling...or....what

Hail Sithis!

Not sure if trolling...or....what

Not a troll. I posted this when it was already done by @Youbetternot and mines got taken down. I'm just advising.

Not a troll. I posted this when it was already done by @Youbetternot and mines got taken down. I'm just advising.

Ahh I see.

I better inform Batman About this!

85629-batman-bat-signal.jpg

Hail Sithis!

HDMI on a top end card? What's up with that?

My guess is if you game with a awesome surround sound system connected to a receiver in which case you would want to use HDMI

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

That will be insanely terrible when it comes to frame pacing. The new 4K displays use 2 signals to get one image, so you have crossfire and essentially a dual monitor setup, that's gonna be all over the place :/ hopefully they get that fixed before then.

The reason dual monitors/Eyefinity is terrible for Crossfire is because it is high resolution. 4K is that by default, multi-monitor or not. 

I'm waiting for 4K to become far more affordable. Like, Seiki 50" 4K TV for $1200 kind of affordable, but with monitors for gaming. So since I am waiting a while, I fully expect AMD to fix the frame pacing issues within that time frame. 

Well crap. Oh well. I tried. 

Can mine stay since I cover the Hardware DMA engine for multiple displays (up to 6)? 

No?.... Ok. :(

† Christian Member †