Troubleshooting - PC crashes

My computer crashes, screen instantly black and pc proceeds to restart.

I believe that this is one of two causes: Bad PSU or Bad GPU cooling.

Specs:

PSU: ThermalTake 430W XP550 NP

CPU: AMD A8-3870 APU 4-Core

GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series (With one of the two fans not working)

RAM: 8GB DDR4

SpeedFan Results on BF3 Campaign (only thing i have installed)

Low Settings preset, 1080p windowed (Only a few seconds into the game, keep in mind that i cannot change settings or test after a certain period of time due to the PC crashing)

13445540_648424735323764_2133212694795211260_n.jpg

I had another post not mentioning the gpu fan so i made this new one so that people will see it.

Old post:

My question is what is Temp3? What component does that value belong to because 127 is VERY high.

Remember to quote if you want us to see your answer ASAP!

1 minute ago, ComradeVodka said:

My question is what is Temp3? What component does that value belong to because 127 is VERY high.

Yes, i believe that Temp3 may be a bug, it seemed to stay at 127 when in and out of games

My friends also said that their results say 127 for their PCs as well, so i believe that it is a bug.

3 minutes ago, Alecadabra said:

Yes, i believe that Temp3 may be a bug, it seemed to stay at 127 when in and out of games

My friends also said that their results say 127 for their PCs as well, so i believe that it is a bug.

Fair enough, speedfan is known for doing that with some temps ;P.

I don't really think temps are the issue as they usually cause throttling which leads to very bad performance but not really crashing (I've had a ton of throttling issues myself until I realized that I had a bad 970 in terms of fans and just the way the cooler was mounted). PSU could potentially be it.

You could try getting GPU-Z and have it log GPU values every 0.3 seconds or so so that when it crashes you can see the GPU values (like temp/clocks but also voltage) after the crash. 

Remember to quote if you want us to see your answer ASAP!

2 hours ago, ComradeVodka said:

Fair enough, speedfan is known for doing that with some temps ;P.

I don't really think temps are the issue as they usually cause throttling which leads to very bad performance but not really crashing (I've had a ton of throttling issues myself until I realized that I had a bad 970 in terms of fans and just the way the cooler was mounted). PSU could potentially be it.

You could try getting GPU-Z and have it log GPU values every 0.3 seconds or so so that when it crashes you can see the GPU values (like temp/clocks but also voltage) after the crash. 

Thats a good idea, try that and let me know