Battlefield 4 map names and images revealed

The names are simplified versions, as they’re taken from the image file names (and are likely internal placeholder names). For example, Paracel Storm is internally called mp_naval. Which likely means the most of the names will change. 

Rogue Transmission

battlefield-4-dish.jpg

bf4-telescope-2.jpg

bf4-telescope-1.jpg

Siege of Shanghai

battlefield-4-siege.jpg

Paracel Storm

battlefield-4-paracel.jpg

Operation Locker

battlefield-4-prison.jpg

Flood Zone

battlefield-4-flooded.jpg

bf4-dam-2.jpg

Zavod 311

battlefield-4-zavod.jpg

Damage

battlefield-4-damage.jpg

Hainan Resort

battlefield-4-resort.jpg

Tremors

battlefield-4-tremors.jpg

Golmud Railway

battlefield-4-golmud.jpg

PC vs Console

0MhBeLY.gif

Oh wow some names are really terrible...

nvm, I should learn how to read the OP...

THE signature

Those graphics were good for BF3 but they really need to upgrade them. I'm talking about Crysis 3 level of graphics.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Those graphics were good for BF3 but they really need to upgrade them. I'm talking about Crysis 3 level of graphics.

These images are bad. The in-game graphics will look A LOT more crispy.

These images are bad. The in-game graphics will look A LOT more crispy.

That wasn't what I meant. BF4's graphics will look very similar to BF3 which I am not too happy about. EA should have adapted the Crytek engine for destruction. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

That wasn't what I meant. BF4's graphics will look very similar to BF3 which I am not too happy about. EA should have adapted the Crytek engine for destruction. 

From what I've seen so far. The destruction in Battlefield 4 looks better than the destruction in Crysis 3. Plus the Crytek engine is sluggish compared to Frostbite 3. Its not as responsive.

From what I've seen so far. The destruction in Battlefield 4 looks better than the destruction in Crysis 3. Plus the Crytek engine is sluggish compared to Frostbite 3. Its not as responsive.

Thats why I said adapt it. When you say the Crytek engine is sluggish what exactly do you mean. The game is not floaty but thats because the guns have wait to them. BF3 has terrible gun mechanics in my opinion even Crysis has bad gun mechanics but I prefer Arma 3 gun play as the sounds are far better than BF3's and there is more punch to your bullets. Also the muzzle flash in Arma 3 is really cool, eg. when you sneak up on a small squad that are targeting targets for mortars and then you waste them after pressing F to switch to fully auto, without aiming just firing until you think everything's dead as you can't see shit from the flashes from the muzzle, as the magazine runs out you stare at the ground and see a few mangled up corpses where you pumped 30 rounds through them. It really is fun doing stuff like this. I would really love to see BF5 be more like Arma 3 in those respects. More of a simulation game that is fun. But not many people actually like Arma games.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

i kind like Siege of Shanghai one it's look hot

Manners Maketh Man

*drools*

also, source link? @BevanGachett

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Thats why I said adapt it. When you say the Crytek engine is sluggish what exactly do you mean. The game is not floaty but thats because the guns have wait to them. BF3 has terrible gun mechanics in my opinion even Crysis has bad gun mechanics but I prefer Arma 3 gun play as the sounds are far better than BF3's and there is more punch to your bullets. Also the muzzle flash in Arma 3 is really cool, eg. when you sneak up on a small squad that are targeting targets for mortars and then you waste them after pressing F to switch to fully auto, without aiming just firing until you think everything's dead as you can't see shit from the flashes from the muzzle, as the magazine runs out you stare at the ground and see a few mangled up corpses where you pumped 30 rounds through them. It really is fun doing stuff like this. I would really love to see BF5 be more like Arma 3 in those respects. More of a simulation game that is fun. But not many people actually like Arma games.

I agree with you that Arma 3 has better gun mechanics but Arma is a Simulator Battlefield isn't. If Dice made a sim. you wouldn't even know what Arma was nor would you care. But Battlefield is a all-around better game. In my opinion. 

I would put a source link but I found most of the info on my own.

so you work with EA? :P 

http://bf4central.com/2013/09/10-battlefield-4-map-names-images-revealed/

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Alot of the map names and Info on that website was wrong. I never said that I worked for EA.

i know, but then how else could you have gotten the images and names? you still need to site your sources whether theres one source or multiple ones

I agree with you that Arma 3 has better gun mechanics but Arma is a Simulator Battlefield isn't. If Dice made a sim. you wouldn't even know what Arma was nor would you care. But Battlefield is a all-around better game. In my opinion. 

Sorry it's not that I want BF4 to be a sim it's just that I wanted the gun mechanics and audio to be much better. At the moment in BF3 and in BF4 guns have no wait to them and generally feel like airsoft guns. In Arma 3 when you fire any gun even a 9mm it sounds like you are firing a cannon plus you know that pretty much if you get a single bullet on an enemy they will die unless you hit them in the legs or something. I think that BF4 and BF5 could be made a lot better if the guns had more kick to them, had a feeling of wait, better sound and more damage dealt by firearms. The only problem is though that the maps are so small that every gun would be overkill. Plus in Arma 3 your 1st person camera is actually on the character's model where in every other FPS it isn't, in other words when you move your character in Arma 3 (every step you make) your gun and sight shudders. I find this to be really nice, perhaps if Dice took that and made it happen to then the game would feel much better because at the moment I have no intention of every playing another BF game unless it does what I have said or it goes back to how BF1942 was. This is just my opinion though so take it with a grain of salt.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

LOL

beautiful maps, cant wait for bf4

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i know, but then how else could you have gotten the images and names? you still need to site your sources whether theres one source or multiple ones

Look I've sourced websites before. In this post sourcing was not necessary. If you care that much you can make your own post and source the hell out of it. That way you get your source fix.

I like how there will be different weather unlike BF3 when all the maps are sunny.

I like how there will be different weather unlike BF3 when all the maps are sunny.

Not Grand Bazaar , Tehran Highway, or Death Valley. But I get what you mean.

That whole thing about muzzle flash is unrealistic. I dont know if you've ever shot a real gun but there aren't these huge bursts of light that blind you.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Look I've sourced websites before. In this post sourcing was not necessary. If you care that much you can make your own post and source the hell out of it. That way you get your source fix.

._. I dont think you have, you forgot your source here aswell https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60935-preload-battlefield-4-multiplayer-beta-tomorrow/ and it is necessary, what if i wanted to see if this was true or wanted to read the comments on the website the images came from or more from the article you quoted (if you had quoted on in this post)

That whole thing about muzzle flash is unrealistic. I dont know if you've ever shot a real gun but there aren't these huge bursts of light that blind you.

True. I cant think of a game that has it like it is in real life. I have multiple rifles and handguns and their nothing like the video games have them. I guess they have to choose between realistic and arcade in some situations.

._. I dont think you have, you forgot your source here aswell https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60935-preload-battlefield-4-multiplayer-beta-tomorrow/ and it is necessary, what if i wanted to see if this was true or wanted to read the comments on the website the images came from or more from the article you quoted (if you had quoted on in this post)

I did source I don't know what your talking about. Also do you want to come over and see if I left the seat up, or check to make sure I shower after sex. Man dude, if you get this worked up over someone not sourcing. You must have gray hairs out the wood work. Calm down.