Questions about Raspberry Pi 3 help needed!

Loleo
Go to solution Solved by Loleo,
6 hours ago, Tyrael_Archangel said:

[...]

Ok thanks, that's pretty interesting but I've already got one now. :)

Using it with the 7'' touchscreen and a case. I keep it charged w/ a 16 600 mah battery bank and a PS4 controller. I'm running retropie as an OS and it's basically every old console and handheld in a small pi, it's pretty dope. 

Hello LTT forum!

I am new to the whole raspberry pi scene so before I go out and buy one I want to understand and confirm some things.

Question time!

1. Is the raspberry pi touch screen (designed by the founders of raspberry pi) worth it? I mean if you have one do  you use it and is it good?

2. If some one was to hypothetically wanted to play old games from their old handhelds and consoles would it be possible for them to do so on a Raspberry pi 3? And I'm by no means endorsing this very hypothetical way of thinking or acting or am I saying I want to but just hypothetically speaking of course!

3. How much does it consume power wise? It requires 2.5 A charger but if i were to connect it in to a 6600 amh power bank + the touch screen how long would it last until the battery is drained?

4. When did you buy your Pi and what did you make with it? Did you think it was/ is fun? Was it worth it? 

Thanks for reading and hope you can answer some of my questions!

7 hours ago, Loleo said:

Hello LTT forum!

I am new to the whole raspberry pi scene so before I go out and buy one I want to understand and confirm some things.

Question time!

1. Is the raspberry pi touch screen (designed by the founders of raspberry pi) worth it? I mean if you have one do  you use it and is it good?

2. If some one was to hypothetically wanted to play old games from their old handhelds and consoles would it be possible for them to do so on a Raspberry pi 3? And I'm by no means endorsing this very hypothetical way of thinking or acting or am I saying I want to but just hypothetically speaking of course!

3. How much does it consume power wise? It requires 2.5 A charger but if i were to connect it in to a 6600 amh power bank + the touch screen how long would it last until the battery is drained?

4. When did you buy your Pi and what did you make with it? Did you think it was/ is fun? Was it worth it? 

Thanks for reading and hope you can answer some of my questions!

2) don't expect any modern console games, but there are emulators for the rPi.

http://lifehacker.com/how-to-turn-your-raspberry-pi-into-a-retro-game-console-498561192

3)(6600mah)*(1a/1000ma)/2.5a=2.64 hours 

4) I have a RPi 2 B+ , and I think that it is fun to tinker around with. I have mine setup as a server to monitor a few sensors.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

This topic isn't solved so if anyone knows or can share their experience about question 1 please go ahead. Also please answer question 4 :)

1 hour ago, Loleo said:

This topic isn't solved so if anyone knows or can share their experience about question 1 please go ahead. Also please answer question 4 :)

question 4 IS aswerd! FP!

1 hour ago, liquidmagma said:

question 4 IS aswerd! FP!

Well that's more an open question and everyone has their own answer so no. Like the guy above enjoyed it but someone else might've found it useless.

i got my pi 3 B last month and honestly im now more annoyed to use due to a few reasons but mainly bec im still a new to linux and have no idea how to do most of the things.

For the touch screen i was gonna buy also but for now delayed it and will try to use my old asus phonetab 7 as a screen.

Havent used it on battery yet but it runs fine external hdd with 2A charger so it doesnt use those 2.5A all the time for sure. (this is more to ensure enough power for all usbs and the wifi and bluetooth (have no idea how much the official screen consumes so i may talk bullshits now))

I bought it mostly for the opportunity to make cool little portable kali linux hacking machine and second  - badass tablet with multi OSs and from the small tests i made so far with different things i can say that it will work - so yeah for me is worth

Just dont have the patience to deal with it now xD

• 2 weeks later...

1. Depends on your needs, I have one and barely use it but mainly because I usually run my Pis headless. But my friend has one that he uses all the time (he built some sort of audio streaming box with it).

4. I have a few on these for about a year and a half now. my first project with it was as a wifi jamming device that would detect my roommates connecting to my wifi and immediately send de-auth messages to disconnect them every few seconds :). It was very fun to screw with them at the press of a button when they didn't want to pay for their share of the internet bill. I also have about 7 or so that I use at work, where we have turned them into automated testing machines that perform overnight tests on products before their release and have become invaluable to us.

6 hours ago, Tyrael_Archangel said:

[...]

Ok thanks, that's pretty interesting but I've already got one now. :)

Using it with the 7'' touchscreen and a case. I keep it charged w/ a 16 600 mah battery bank and a PS4 controller. I'm running retropie as an OS and it's basically every old console and handheld in a small pi, it's pretty dope.