whats your opinion on this build ?

also i have been researching for about 6 months watched 100s of videos 

1 minute ago, DragonSlayer2480 said:

so r u saying that non experienced pc builders should not buy new gen parts ? 

No, that's not what he said. He said they should not oveclock, which I disagree with. Also, can you please quote the comment you are replying to? It will make it much easier to understand,,,

@Or Aviram yo,

i hope you realize that the parts he is using arrent a mere joke a 6600k PROCESSOR not something that one should use jus for automatic already set overclocking standards. it should be utilizedd to its full potential

1 minute ago, ArkTheYO said:

@Or Aviram yo,

i hope you realize that the parts he is using arrent a mere joke a 6600k PROCESSOR not something that one should use jus for automatic already set overclocking standards. it should be utilizedd to its full potential

But...he didn't say he won't overclock. He will overclock. :P

im only playing games at 1080p and not doing a ton of work so i dont think i will need to max everything 

Mine was just a suggestion it depends on u to have it on or not! I dont mean than new builders shouldnt use new gen parts, But if u r someone who wants to know about stuff he/she should first learn through experimentattion and not by buying something that is already top of the line! hope u get it ! Thanks

1 minute ago, DragonSlayer2480 said:

im only playing games at 1080p and not doing a ton of work so i dont think i will need to max everything 

Believe me, you will gain a lot from overclocking. You should definitely overclock, even if you only play in 1080p.

by no means i meant that they shouldnt overclock, in fact they should its the best medium to learn but first start it from the grassroot level @Or Aviram

2 minutes ago, ArkTheYO said:

by no means i meant that they shouldnt overclock, in fact they should its the best medium to learn but first start it from the grassroot level @Or Aviram

Grassroot? I have never heard that expression... Does that mean the base? Probably. I disagree, don't forget they also get that PC to have fun using it, and not only to practice building it. Starting from something advanced is not a bad thing.

@Or Aviram Acording to me it will be a poor choice, because the country i come from, unlocked processors are not something of a joke that an not much experiened one would opt for! Lets take this is a maths class u cannot buy the textbook based on differentiation of trignometric functions untill u havvent bought and learnt what all is there in the basic trignometric functions group!

@DragonSlayer2480 Its all on u bro,i just gave a suggestion! Though the build is solid and including a ssd would be really cool!

And yea i would recommend getting asus z170-pro as your motherrboard, it has got some good reviews! Hope it helps

@DragonSlayer2480 Remember when I told you I still have more suggestions for motherboards? Well, while we were talking, I have made some research and found some you might like. ;)

The Asus Sabertooth Z170. I bought the X99 version of that motherboard in my first build (which I did really not long ago), and I love it. It is still pricey, but not as much as the Z-170 Deluxe. If you don't have the money for it, so maybe you can get the...Sabertooth Z170...S? I have NEVER heard of that one, but it is very similar to the Sabertooth and it's cheaper, so I don't see anything that can go wrong... If you need to go even LOWER, the Asus Z170-E looks great, If you need something even CHEAPER, just get the one in your current list, it's fine.

Also, could you please quote the message you respond to? it will be easier to understand...

2 minutes ago, Or Aviram said:

@DragonSlayer2480 Remember when I told you I still have more suggestions for motherboards? Well, while we were talking, I have made some research and found some you might like. ;)

The Asus Sabertooth Z170. I bought the X99 version of that motherboard in my first build (which I did really not long ago), and I love it. It is still pricey, but not as much as the Z-170 Deluxe. If you don't have the money for it, so maybe you can get the...Sabertooth Z170...S? I have NEVER heard of that one, but it is very similar to the Sabertooth and it's cheaper, so I don't see anything that can go wrong... If you need to go even LOWER, the Asus Z170-E looks great, If you need something even CHEAPER, just get the one in your current list, it's fine.

Also, could you please quote the message you respond to? it will be easier to understand...

thank you for all of the advice i  appreciate it  

5 minutes ago, ArkTheYO said:

@Or Aviram Acording to me it will be a poor choice, because the country i come from, unlocked processors are not something of a joke that an not much experiened one would opt for! Lets take this is a maths class u cannot buy the textbook based on differentiation of trignometric functions untill u havvent bought and learnt what all is there in the basic trignometric functions group!

@DragonSlayer2480 Its all on u bro,i just gave a suggestion! Though the build is solid and including a ssd would be really cool!

And yea i would recommend getting asus z170-pro as your motherrboard, it has got some good reviews! Hope it helps

thank you also aviram 

2 minutes ago, DragonSlayer2480 said:

Thanks for quoting. ;)

And which motherboard are you going to get?

i m gonna take a look now and check out the ones you recommend

1 minute ago, Or Aviram said:

Thanks for quoting. ;)

And which motherboard are you going to get?

6 minutes ago, DragonSlayer2480 said:

i think i might go for the   Asus Z170-E or my current one 

8 minutes ago, ArkTheYO said:

They are never a joke, I just don't see what's wrong... I have built my first PC only like a week ago, a bit more, and I used the 5820K, which is a super expensive hexa core unlocked CPU (maybe without the part of "super expensive" in terms of price, I just wanted to add it to be more dramatic), and the build went really smooth with no problem. The overcloking should as well, I doubt I will ruin anything, this is hard to ruin a CPU with that (unless you accidentally forget the dot and you put 12 volts instead of 1.2 volts :P ), the same with him, it just makes sense for him to get it even if he doesn't have any experience.

5 minutes ago, DragonSlayer2480 said:

i think i might go for the   Asus Z170-E or my current one 

Ok, sounds good.

BTW, how much RAM will you go with? And don't expect me to answer soon, timezone is telling me I should go now...

1 minute ago, Or Aviram said:

They are never a joke, I just don't see what's wrong... I have built my first PC only like a week ago, a bit more, and I used the 5820K, which is a super expensive hexa core unlocked CPU (maybe without the part of "super expensive" in terms of price, I just wanted to add it to be more dramatic), and the build went really smooth with no problem. The overcloking should as well, I doubt I will ruin anything, this is hard to ruin a CPU with that (unless you accidentally forget the dot and you put 12 volts instead of 1.2 volts :P ), the same with him, it just makes sense for him to get it even if he doesn't have any experience.

Ok, sounds good.

BTW, how much RAM will you go with? And don't expect me to answer soon, timezone is telling me I should go now...

im gonna go with 8gb but  2400 instead 

@Or Aviram As u say, though i am still would like to defend my point, being a pc enthusiast i like to be good with the basics first and then the more interesting part! PEACE!

9 hours ago, ArkTheYO said:

@Or Aviram As u say, though i am still would like to defend my point, being a pc enthusiast i like to be good with the basics first and then the more interesting part! PEACE!

But building with the basics and the more advanced stuff is exactly the same. Only when you use them it gets different.

9 hours ago, DragonSlayer2480 said:

im gonna go with 8gb but  2400 instead 

You don't really need faster RAM, your tasks aren't going to take any advantage of that, but they will from more RAM... Maybe you can get more RAM for the price of faster RAM?