whats your opinion on this build ?

A ssd would be a great addition to this build

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5 GhZ COOLER: Noctua NH-D14 GPU: Gainward GTX1080 GS MOBO: MSi Z170 Gaming M7 HDD: Samsung 950 Pro 512 GB PSU: Be quiet Power Zone 850W CASE: CoolerMaster Master Case 5 Pro DISPLAY: ASUS ROG PG348Q + LG 34UM95 + Samsung U28E850R + Samsung C24F396 SERVER: HP MicroServer G8 w/ HP P222 & 4x Seagate 8TB RAID5

6 minutes ago, DragonSlayer2480 said:

i need an opinion on this build, this is my first PC build and i needed some advice on what you think of my parts i have picked.

(fyi) i already have the psu.

thanks

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/DragonSlayer2480/saved/WMJscf

I think waiting for the RX 480 will be a smart decision. I personally think you can take advantage of 16GB of RAM, but many people will disagree. All I know is that I feel pretty limited with only 8.

OK thanks for the advice although i dont think i can afford 16 GB at the moment  

Now that I think about it, maybe faster memory as well, but it depends on the tasks you are going to be doing. What will that computer be used for?

1 minute ago, Or Aviram said:

Now that I think about it, maybe faster memory as well, but it depends on the tasks you are going to be doing. What will that computer be used for?

His or her ram is at 2133, that is quite fast enough and cannot be increased without overclocking.

If you can wait until the end of the month the new RX480 is being released, and will destory the r9380

i7 6700k  ·  Asus Z170 - A  · MSI GTX 1080 FE  ·  32gb HyperX 2133  ·  2tb Toshiba 7200 Red  ·   120gb Sandisk SSD  ·   480gb Sandisk SSD  ·  Fractal Design Define S  ·  BenQ XL2730Z 144hz 1440 Freesync

2 minutes ago, DragonSlayer2480 said:

mainly for gaming (1080p) and some schoolwork  

Oh, so it should be fine.

3 minutes ago, 2Fast2Quik said:

His or her ram is at 2133, that is quite fast enough and cannot be increased without overclocking.

Is it? But DDR4 memory can reach so high frequencies, it looks so small...

3 minutes ago, Or Aviram said:

Oh, so it should be fine.

Is it? But DDR4 memory can reach so high frequencies, it looks so small...

The thing is that higher ram frequencies become abysmal in terms of performance, which is why many just recommend 1866 ram.

1 minute ago, DragonSlayer2480 said:

would you say that my ram is ok then ?

You could do with more, but I think it's 100% fine. If anything, get either an SSD or a hybrid drive.

2 minutes ago, 2Fast2Quik said:

The thing is that higher ram frequencies become abysmal in terms of performance, which is why many just recommend 1866 ram.

For the tasks he does, it shouldn't do anything. But there are many tasks it does actually help with...

1 minute ago, DragonSlayer2480 said:

would you say that my ram is ok then ?

Yes. But if you have the money then maybe get 16 GB... Most of the people say 8 is fine, but I completely disagree...

1 minute ago, Or Aviram said:

For the tasks he does, it shouldn't do anything. But there are many tasks it does actually help with...

Yes. But if you have the money then maybe get 16 GB... Most of the people say 8 is fine, but I completely disagree...

Please explain why you would need 16 gb of ram if he's only going to be gaming in 1080p and doing some school work (something many can do on their phones alone).

Hey,

As you told it is your first pc build so i wanted to know, have u ever overclocked anyones system? or done any pc build for someone in the past? I know i sound like an asshole here but i am trying to just help you here! Please do reply

1 minute ago, 2Fast2Quik said:

Please explain why you would need 16 gb of ram if he's only going to be gaming in 1080p and doing some school work (something many can do on their phones alone).

Some games are starting to take advantage of those 8 GB of RAM (such as The Witcher 3, and DOOM), and getting to the limit is pretty bad, because he might want to open something like Skype, or a browser, maybe some office applications, I don't know, but he most likely won't only run the game.

4 minutes ago, DragonSlayer2480 said:

can you give me your opinion on the motherboard pls 

It seems good, however you may want to read some reviews etc.

3 minutes ago, DragonSlayer2480 said:

can you give me your opinion on the motherboard pls 

If you have the money, the Asus Z-170 Deluxe is a great motherboard. It is really pricey, and it will be understandable if you don't have the money, but I still suggest it because it is a great motherboard. If you don't so I have more suggestions.

1.) i dont have any experience building a pc or overclocked a system

2.0 i dont think i can push for a z-170 deluxe but thanks for the advice

THEN WHAT I RECOMMEND IS NOT TO GO FORWARD WITH THIS BUILD !

Cause i am telling u it will turn out to be a just waste of your hard earned money! You are using a z170 MOTHERBOARD and a 6600"K" processor , that is like one should get when he is experienced enough in pc building.

Overclocking with such processors requires some previous knowledge and a great amount of experience as the real fruit of overclocking comes with manual overclocking of such processors.

So i recommend you to go for a simple build this time with second hand parts and build a cheap pc, that will help u learn a lot!

I might seem like an asshole to u but i am doing my share as a kind person who doesnt want you end up wasting ur money!

1 minute ago, ArkTheYO said:

THEN WHAT I RECOMMEND IS NOT TO GO FORWARD WITH THIS BUILD !

Cause i am telling u it will turn out to be a just waste of your hard earned money! You are using a z170 MOTHERBOARD and a 6600"K" processor , that is like one should get when he is experienced enough in pc building.

Overclocking with such processors requires some previous knowledge and a great amount of experience as the real fruit of overclocking comes with manual overclocking of such processors.

So i recommend you to go for a simple build this time with second hand parts and build a cheap pc, that will help u learn a lot!

I might seem like an asshole to u but i am doing my share as a kind person who doesnt want you end up wasting ur money!

That's bullshit... You can overclock whenever you want, and building a PC, at any amount of experience you have, is great. What's so bad with overclocking your first PC?

so r u saying that non experienced pc builders should not buy new gen parts ?