Linux and Nvidia and F@H!

now Steam Os is announced and Nvidia is pushing there drivers for Linux optimalization it might be that F@H client will be the same as Windows if the drivers will be compatible with the client in Linux. so this is a huge thing because linux drivers are mutch better in hardware drivers. so F@H could develop more stable client for linux to get all out of the system.

Wat are your thoughts about this? for me it wouldt be awesome then i can build cheap MOBO with a strong cpu in it and gpu's. to use this thing.

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

Folding on NVidia in Linux is right now in Beta - but I haven't even looked at it yet. You have to be running v7 client and all my ubuntu clients are v6 based on the [H]ard solution running with the Kraken.... Might get a test box out and try this, using your build guide, just to see what kind of numbers a GPU can pull - especially if I know what it was pulling under Windows.

Windows versus Linux folding shouldn't make much difference. I think the real game changer here is for 2P and 4P boxes folding bigadv units, that now could potentially also add in some GPU's to the mix. The only thing will be not having them hit the CPU's to hard and taking away from bigadv folding...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99