[The Duality] [Dual System, Godavari & Skylake in a Frozen-Q Apex mATX]

duality92
Go to solution Solved by duality92,
10 minutes ago, IskanderEXC said:

Neato, got a PcPartPicker?

Can put two processors on one list though ;)

7 minutes ago, CtrlAltELITE said:

Wow thats awesome dude. But WD Greens though? Ugh :D

Yeah, it's what I have on hand, maybe it'll change though, never know ^^

I'm staff on overclock.net.... 

Also, Skylake has only been out for a year now, how are most dead in 2 years? If you're reffering to Haswell, then yes, 1.488v is too high for Haswell.

Skylake upper safe limit is 1.45v (fyi) I'm just running .038v over that.

The thread is : http://www.overclock.net/t/1570313/skylake-overclocking-guide-with-statistics/0_20

And it says 

Safe Voltages (TENTATIVE):
Vcore: 1.45v/1.4v
VCCIO: 1.25v/1.2v
System Agent (SA): 1.3v/1.25v
Vdimm: 1.4v/1.35v
No Cache voltage or Input Voltage with Skylake

The first value shows voltages a pretty ballsy person can use. The voltage after the forward slash shows voltages for regular users who don't want to live on the edge. Please do not exceed these parameters unless you are a serious power-user that knows what he/she is doing and is willing to accept the risks.

9 minutes ago, duality92 said:

Wuut.. Big fans ocd.net mate

Once i also found this
Asus have said 1.4V max if you stress test. 1.42V if you stress test while water cooled.

But Kyle said Asus informed him that all programs that read CPU voltage can have large errors after he reported problems.
He has seen over 0.4V discrepancy.
Apparently you cant trust any program, even those that come with the motherboard.

Careful if you use high LLC settings as under load this can exceed the voltage you set in the BIOS

"Skylake upper safe limit is 1.45v (fyi) I'm just running .038v over that."
Seriously? Everything i have read were wrong? 1.45v? that was ejaculated

1 minute ago, Yahtadi said:

Wuut.. Big fans ocd.net mate

Once i also found this
Asus have said 1.4V max if you stress test. 1.42V if you stress test while water cooled.

But Kyle said Asus informed him that all programs that read CPU voltage can have large errors after he reported problems.
He has seen over 0.4V discrepancy.
Apparently you cant trust any program, even those that come with the motherboard.

Careful if you use high LLC settings as under load this can exceed the voltage you set in the BIOS

"Skylake upper safe limit is 1.45v (fyi) I'm just running .038v over that."
Seriously? Everything i have read were wrong? 1.45v? that was ejaculated

Thanks ^^ LTT have a great forum too :)

I set 1.5v in BIOS and under load it becomes 1.488v with High LLC.

reOoJc.png

UPDATE TIME! :D

We finally finished the design of the case. My creative mind goes crazy when I get to do customization. Cutting should be starting today! :D This is an as-close-as-you'll-get render of the case :)

gVs0dx.png

16 hours ago, duality92 said:

Also, Skylake has only been out for a year now, how are most dead in 2 years? If you're reffering to Haswell, then yes, 1.488v is too high for Haswell.

The thread is : http://www.overclock.net/t/1570313/skylake-overclocking-guide-with-statistics/0_20

And it says 

The first value shows voltages a pretty ballsy person can use. The voltage after the forward slash shows voltages for regular users who don't want to live on the edge. Please do not exceed these parameters unless you are a serious power-user that knows what he/she is doing and is willing to accept the risks.

Big fan of this thread, thank you it helped me understanding how to OC my 6600K last month. now running safe 4.6 core 4.4 uncore @1.330

2 hours ago, belfouf said:

Big fan of this thread, thank you it helped me understanding how to OC my 6600K last month. now running safe 4.6 core 4.4 uncore @1.330

That's great!

1 minute ago, duality92 said:

That's great!

isn't that average ? My temps are good though (71°C under prime95 last version, 50-60°C max in games) 

anyway it's more than enough for my daily use, 16K firestrike was the objective (done).  

54 minutes ago, belfouf said:

isn't that average ? My temps are good though (71°C under prime95 last version, 50-60°C max in games) 

anyway it's more than enough for my daily use, 16K firestrike was the objective (done).  

Yeah, it's average, but a lot of people don't want to push it that far. With your current voltage, you could most likely do 4.7 at around 1.4-1.43v.

Just to let you all know, I should be getting pictures of the assembled case today :) To not reveal too much the paper backing will remain (it's actually to protect it during shipping, but helps to not reveal too much :P

On 27 September 2016 at 8:23 PM, duality92 said:

These chips handle up to 1.5v under load fine, I personally wouldn't even mind going up to 1.55v.

1.5V starts degrading the chip quite fast. 1.55V is even worse. 

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

1 hour ago, TheRandomness said:

1.5V starts degrading the chip quite fast. 1.55V is even worse. 

Can you show me anywhere linking proof to this? What tests were made? Is it proven to be the same on all chips, since we know no two chips will behave alike?

Genuinely interested because I see this stated no where else.

Just now, duality92 said:

Can you show me anywhere linking proof to this? What tests were made? Is it proven to be the same on all chips, since we know no two chips will behave alike?

It does appear that vcore is a bit higher for skylake. I'm sure most would consider staying below 'max' but according to intel max operating cpu voltage is 1.52v. Sounds pretty high and a lot of overclockers seem to be staying around 1.45 or under if possible. Here's a screenshot of the intel data sheet (so others can find it in the pdf since it's a large list).

http://prntscr.com/8s0sjg

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/processors/core/...

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

1.52v sound more reasonable. This is most likely the voltage for a 24/7, 100% load chip too. Running a chip at that voltage, where it sees a load at 100% once in a while, isn't too bad. I don't recommend it personally, but as I've stated earlier in the thread, I know exactly what risks I am taking running my chip at such voltages and I would be relatively confortable running it at 1.55v.

This is also what the intel tuning plan is for :)

I can't tell you exactly what but I've got something big coming. Something Pascal big from Gigabyte.

35 minutes ago, duality92 said:

I can't tell you exactly what but I've got something big coming. Something Pascal big from Gigabyte.

le'me guess: titan xp? o.O 

or "only" a 1080?

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

On 9/28/2016 at 8:32 AM, duality92 said:

And it says 

Seems like everybody on here has misconceptions about safe voltages on Skylake lol.  Everytime I try and get voltage advice in a thread people are like OMG 1.4V??? HOW COULD YO THAT POOR CPU! Lol.

I've been running 1.43v for a few months now and haven't seen any sort of degradation or problems, although my chip runs at a nice and cool 45-55c under normal load conditions and 65-72c in prime95. Even the 4 or 5 times I've had my chip on dry ice at 1.65v+ I haven't seen any issues. In my experience if you push more voltage but find a way to keep it in the safe zone temp wise, they'll treat ya well.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

13 hours ago, 19_blackie_73 said:

le'me guess: titan xp? o.O 

or "only" a 1080?

Not a Titan lol. It will output around 700k folding :)

1 minute ago, duality92 said:

Not a Titan lol. It will output around 700k folding :)

1050Ti

one of those :D 

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

12 hours ago, Lays said:

Seems like everybody on here has misconceptions about safe voltages on Skylake lol.  Everytime I try and get voltage advice in a thread people are like OMG 1.4V??? HOW COULD YO THAT POOR CPU! Lol.

I've been running 1.43v for a few months now and haven't seen any sort of degradation or problems, although my chip runs at a nice and cool 45-55c under normal load conditions and 65-72c in prime95. Even the 4 or 5 times I've had my chip on dry ice at 1.65v+ I haven't seen any issues. In my experience if you push more voltage but find a way to keep it in the safe zone temp wise, they'll treat ya well.

Yeah usually. I usually am pretty rough on my stuff though, but I'm keeping this Skylake at 1.488v lol. Other wise I would be running it at like 1.55 xD

1 hour ago, duality92 said:

Only one of those outputs around 700k ppd :)

1070? :P

http://forums.evga.com/GTX-1070-PPD-m2497761.aspx

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402