LG G5 Review

12 minutes ago, GamerCentral said:

I'll let you know how the Android skin, just waiting on Sprint to give me my HTC 10 *yells* SPRINT!

Okay. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

While I agree the LG G5 isn't that good of a smartphone, I still can't say this was a good review. It was more of "how the LG G5 isn't an S7 or a 6S". The conclusion was actually excellent (from the review's point of view), but some content of the review itself wasn't up to par.

The camera part sounded especially off. Linus just hated on it for no real reason(but in the conclusion he said it was just ok?), with almost no arguments. I mean, he made one invalid claim, that you can't launch it with a gesture (which you can), but aside from that, it was just "this camera is significant kick in the balls coming from the one on my iPhone", without much to back it up, just one low light photo in which the difference wasn't that big anyway. He didn't even mention the ultra-wide camera, which is probably the best thing about the LG G5 in terms of photography.

Also, what's with the title? Clickbait? The review never viewed or considered the LG G5 a disappointment, at least that's the feeling I was conveyed. It just said that while it didn't do anything wrong, it didn't do anything extraordinary either; it's an average phone in a world of better smartphones at around the same price, and unless you really need the removable battery or maybe the IR blaster, there's not much point in getting it.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

It seems that Motorola got the expansion module thing mostly right, just missing user replaceable battery.

They just need to add a user replaceable battery, and they need to ditch verizon.

The G5 review is not my favorite phone review of 2016. It's not even my second favorite review of 2016. In fact I think this is the most stupid phone review you've ever done.

What sets the G5 apart from the competition? The dual camera.

What isn't mentioned in the review? The dual camera.

There is the double click on the volume down button to launch the camera. So why do you complain about the absence of a quick gesture?

Most other reviewers thought the camera was very good, from the 1 (!) photo displayed in this video I can't make any conclusions.

THB I think this phone is quite a disappointment but this whole review was just off point.

What are actually good arguments for saying this phone is bad:

- modules offer limited functionality and are quite expensive (you didn't mention the other, more useful, modules available)

- ugly design (although subjective)

- confusing camera setup for the average pleb

- worse screen-to-body ratio than it's predecesors (you should have pointed out the G5 has a smaller screen than the G4 and the G3)

This just came over as:

1) reading off the spec-sheet

2) rambling about the camera (also: nothing was said about video capture? is it any good?) without making any good points

3) complaing about the absence of waterproofness and praising the iPhone in the same review

If you don't like making these phone reviews, just ask Luke to do them.

Why is SpongeBob the main character when Patrick is the star?

I'm interested to find out what type of buss the module thing actually uses. It'd be fun to see something like a tablet/leopard adapter like that one ASUS phone.

@nicklmg      Was this video rushed? The whole thing felt weird and much of the content was super vague. Also not trying to sound like an LG fanboy but everywhere else on the internet the G5 has one of the best low light cameras on any phone. Also is important to note that since the S7 lowers the mp amount to 12, it performs a little better in low light. But in bright light the G5 has much more room to crop thanks to the few extra megapickles. Really it is a personal preference, as both options have their trade offs. Also the main point of the phone, having a wide angle lens was completely not mentioned. Also it was not mentioned if single picture used as a "sample" was not noted as the wide angle or regular camera. It is important to know that the wide angle lens is not that good as far as low light or mega pixels, but its only job is to provide just a wide angle shot. Again the video seemed... weird. I would not consider this near the normal quality of a LTT review. I am not the only one apparently to, have you guys read this thread and seen the dislike ratio? Again I am not trying to be a G5 defender, I am just trying to state that the review seemed off.