Home media server for whole house?

orangecat

I want a place where I can store my music pictures and videos and access with my phone, ipad or ps3 I am willing to use my gaming rig for this as it is currently the only and most powerful pc I own. Anyways how do I do this and will I be able to stream over all my devices.

Ps : I'm not worried about performance loss I have a powerful system and the media will be stored on a external hdd.

Try plex. It will run as a background service on your gaming rig which can stream to your devices. It supports android ios windows phone and ps3.

Qloud is a app you can get then you download the qloud server to your PC this was recomended to me by Linus on live stream.

rembering you do not need a high performance PC for your Media. Here is my media PC

These were some of my first videos so you will have to bare with that, But I highly recomend building a seperate PC for your media that way any one can access it without bothering you from time to time.

CPU- I7 7700K @ 4.4Ghz, RAM- 32 Gig Hyper X @ 2800 mhz , GPU - GTX 1080ti Strix 11gb , MOBO- Asrock Fatality Z270 , SSD :Kingston Hyper X SSD Fury and Samsung 500gig

PS3mediaserver is by far the best choice for this. Contrary to it's name, it's one of the best solutions for home media serving, dedicated server or not, PS3 or not. It's got on-the-fly transcoding, so you can get it streamed in whatever format you need to whatever platform you want (mostly just useful for weeaboos). It's open source, and has a pretty fair collection of plugins so you can tweak it to how you need it to perform.

http://www.ps3mediaserver.org