Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1

Vernz

Is the gigabyte gtx 1080 G1 any good ? It's out to order in canada for $850 free shipping, I never owned one before but I think I'm gonna wait for the EVGA FTW but if the gigabyte has good reviews, I might just get that one ?

Go for EVGA. The G1 should be good, but it's not good enough to justify not choosing superior customer service of EVGA.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

I tend to stay away from 3 fan designs, higher chance of coil whine. The MSI also looks pretty good along with EVGA 

The G1 Gaming only has a single 8-pin, so is probably pretty close to a reference design on the board. It's not like in the 900 series when G1 Gaming cards had really strong power delivery, Gigabyte introduced the XTreme Gaming series (with a nice price bump) for the highend pcb cards.

7 minutes ago, LeapFrogMasterRace said:

I tend to stay away from 3 fan designs, higher chance of coil whine. The MSI also looks pretty good along with EVGA 

I second this actually. I have a G1 980ti and I won't be getting another 3 fan card. 3 tiny fans means that each fan has to spin up to a higher RPM to achieve the same cooling effect, and the gigabyte fans are LOUD at anything over 60% speed. I'd rather not play an immersive game with the soothing sound of a jet engine in the background.

Obviously not a problem for light games, but anything remotely intensive will push you to that limit quickly. Next GPU upgrade I get will be a hybrid/water cooled card. If I were you I'd go for the EVGA.