Nvidia Shield Tablet suddenly dead

So I have had this tablet for over a year now, and nothing ever seemed wrong. This morning, I had charged it, it was at 100%, everything was fine. So about 4 hours later, I go to turn it on, and nothing happens. I tried holding down the power button, nothing. It won't boot up, and it won't even give the "out of battery" symbol that would have occurred if it suddenly drained for no reason. The only thing it does is have the little "charging" LED light up while it is plugged in, but I'm not even sure if that counts as alive. It appears to be totally and completely bricked. What could have happened, and can I fix it? If so, how?

3 minutes ago, AnonymousUser52 said:

So I have had this tablet for over a year now, and nothing ever seemed wrong. This morning, I had charged it, it was at 100%, everything was fine. So about 4 hours later, I go to turn it on, and nothing happens. I tried holding down the power button, nothing. It won't boot up, and it won't even give the "out of battery" symbol that would have occurred if it suddenly drained for no reason. The only thing it does is have the little "charging" LED light up while it is plugged in, but I'm not even sure if that counts as alive. It appears to be totally and completely bricked. What could have happened, and can I fix it? If so, how?

I would suggest contacting Nvidia as it's most likely under warranty still.

1 minute ago, imreloadin said:

I would suggest contacting Nvidia as it's most likely under warranty still.

So then I should try to get them to replace it if it's under warranty?

Just ring nvidia, i don't have any personal experience with them but in general i believe they take good care of problems when it's still under warranty.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

1 minute ago, AnonymousUser52 said:

So then I should try to get them to replace it if it's under warranty?

I would, I remember there being an update that literally fried them a while ago, probably not the case here but it's best to check to see if you can RMA it first before trying to do anything yourself.

2 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

Just ring nvidia, i don't have any personal experience with them but in general i believe they take good care of problems when it's still under warranty.

1 minute ago, imreloadin said:

I would, I remember there being an update that literally fried them a while ago, probably not the case here but it's best to check to see if you can RMA it first before trying to do anything yourself.

Ok, I just checked, I ordered it from Newegg, and it says "ineligible for return", so... it appears I cannot do that.

4 minutes ago, AnonymousUser52 said:

Ok, I just checked, I ordered it from Newegg, and it says "ineligible for return", so... it appears I cannot do that.

you should still take the advice and call nvidia, they normally take care of their customers so call them then go from there... unless you are afraid of talking on the phone, then get someone else to call them for you instead ;) 

CPU:                Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz (Skylake) Socket LGA1151 Processor

Graphics:         Inno3D GeForce GTX 980Ti Hybrid Black Edition 6144MB GDDR5 PCI-E

RAM:              Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz

Case:                Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Mid Tower Case - Black (3x 140mm Phantek fans)
MOBO:            Asus Maximus VIII Hero Intel Z170 (Socket 1151) DDR4 ATX Motherboard

Boot SSD:        Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD 2.5" SATA
Game SSD:      Samsung 500GB 850 EVO SSD 2.5" SATA 6Gbps 32 Layer 3D V-NAND Solid State Drive

CPU Cooling:  Overclockers UK & SilverStone - 120mm FQ121WC Watercooling Radiator Fan x 2
                       Asetek 240mm 570LX

PSU:               Corsair 750M Semi-Modular 80 Plus Gold rated

Monitor 1:       Sony BRAVIA KDL32W705BBU Smart 32" LED TV

Monitor 2:       Samsung 24" S24C300

Keyboard:        Razer Blackwidow Chroma

Mouse:             Roccat TYON

Speakers:         SBS2112 with Bluetooth

Headset:           Turtle Beach Elite 800 Stealth

13 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

They did that for their recall. The update killed faulty tablets but didn't kill the replacing ones.

• AMD Athlon X4 760K CPU   |   MSI FM2+ ATX A88X-G45 Motherboard   |   8GB 1600MHz RAM   |   MSI GTX 760 GPU (Reference)
  • Thermaltake Versa H22 Case   |   1TB Seagate, 0.5TB Hitachi (7200RPM)   |   ArcticRed+ 700WStock    |   Windows 8.1

4 minutes ago, MrG13 said:

you should still take the advice and call nvidia, they normally take care of their customers so call them then go from there... unless you are afraid of talking on the phone, then get someone else to call them for you instead ;) 

Ok, well if you think I still should, I guess I'll try it. I'll report back news to everyone of how it went later!

4 minutes ago, AnonymousUser52 said:

Ok, well if you think I still should, I guess I'll try it. I'll report back news to everyone of how it went later!

Newegg is just a reseller, they have their standard 90 replacement guarantee. Since Nvidia is the manufacturer they normally have better warranties than the reseller does.

5 minutes ago, Joegeddon said:

They did that for their recall. The update killed faulty tablets but didn't kill the replacing ones.

Oh so that's how the decided to spin that lol. Nvidia truly has one hell of a marketing team xD