Intel Core i5-4460 VS Intel Core i5-6400 pls help !!!

hi there guys so, im making a new pc, and i need a price performance opinion 

i know that the Intel Core i5-6400 its probably a better choice but im wondering about the base clock 2.7 ghz and the i5-4460 its 3.2 and clocks up to 3.4, its like a closer gap

plus the architecture of the new i5 its supposedly better right??? and better onboard graphics

hit me up with your knowledge

The 6400 is faster.

Current Build: Core i7 4790k @ 4.6, Asus Maximus VII Hero, Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz 8gb (2x4gb), GTX 980ti, NZXT Kraken X61, Fractal Define R5  EVGA Supernova B2 850w, Some 300gb hard drive.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/W7CNrH

The 6400 is indeed faster per clock. It's the one to get, provided the price difference for you is minor. There's the i5-6500 as well which runs at a slightly faster clock speed, so it's probably a better comparison.

its not all ghz

trust me as a 4460 user the 6400 does much better 

I didn't know what to put here...

1 minute ago, NicekillBG said:

its not all ghz

trust me as a 4460 user the 6400 does much better 

i also own the 4460 and i dont have any kind of problems, the pc its not for me xD

2 minutes ago, hybrisptuga said:

i also own the 4460 and i dont have any kind of problems, the pc its not for me xD

Its a good cpu just the new is better 

I didn't know what to put here...

if you currently have the 4460, its probably not worth the money for a new cpu and motherboard to get the upgrade to 6400, the performance jump wont be all that much. if you don't have either and want to know which one to buy, get the 6400 for sure.

If you can, always go for newer generation.

But if you are on tight budget and already have 1150 motherboard, i5 4460 also isn't that bad.

In performance there is about 10% difference.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

2 minutes ago, Simon771 said:

If you can, always go for newer generation.

But if you are on tight budget and already have 1150 motherboard, i5 4460 also isn't that bad.

In performance there is about 10% difference.

i saw vids saying  dat 10% increasement of performance, but i dont understand how, its like 3.3ghz  of turbo clock, where can i see dat 10% increase of performance, can someone teach me that?

6 minutes ago, hybrisptuga said:

i saw vids saying  dat 10% increasement of performance, but i dont understand how, its like 3.3ghz  of turbo clock, where can i see dat 10% increase of performance, can someone teach me that?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instructions_per_cycle

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR