Windows 10 Virus?

JoshB2084
Go to solution Solved by Windows7ge,

Go to This PC > Properties

Scroll to the bottom and it'll tell you if windows is activated. If it is then this is probably a virus of some sort. Avast Free anti-virus and Malwarebytes anti-malware could help get rid of it if this is the case.

On my little brother PC, when  fishy program pop-up  asking for upgrade windows 10 key  while running windows 10.  But it already activated in 11 months ago. 

Pic:

1bc6719da000b79c41d586358ab6bf4d.png

Any solution for this?

CPU:AMD Ryzen 5 5600 3.5 GHz Processor | CPU Air Cooler:Thermalright Assassin X 120 Refined SE | Motherboard:MSI B450M GAMING PLUS MATX AM4

Memory:G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2x16GB)  DDR4-3200 | GPU:PowerColor Fighter Radeon RX 7600 8 GB Video Card

Storage #1:Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD (OS driver) | Storage #2: Silicon Power A60 1TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVMe (Anything else)

Case:Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L | Case Fan: 3x Thermalright TL-C12C (2x intake fans, 1x exhaust fan)

Power Supply:Corsair CXM (2015) 450W Bronze 80 Plus |OS:MS Windows10 (64-bit) | Monitor: ASUS VG275 27” 1080p 75 Hz FreeSync

Scroll to the bottom and it'll tell you if windows is activated. If it is then this is probably a virus of some sort. Avast Free anti-virus and Malwarebytes anti-malware could help get rid of it if this is the case.

check for a program called quick cleaner (from the video) and do some scans yadda yadda DONT CALL THEM PPLS

Microsoft has no phone number starting with 1-844 or 1-855

Usually, those numbers are scammers ones.

Also, Windows 10 activation is through the Settings app, there is not popup.

You can safely ignore it, also you can confirm your Windows is activated from the Settings app (Start > Settings > Updates & Security > Activation)

8 minutes ago, daDILLYdog said:

I searched the number and it is a scam

6 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

Yep, I thought so....  Thanks everyone.... I will download  MBAM on his PC, and find it out....  And  praying to not found 1,500  useless trackers cookies.... *sighs*

CPU:AMD Ryzen 5 5600 3.5 GHz Processor | CPU Air Cooler:Thermalright Assassin X 120 Refined SE | Motherboard:MSI B450M GAMING PLUS MATX AM4

Memory:G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2x16GB)  DDR4-3200 | GPU:PowerColor Fighter Radeon RX 7600 8 GB Video Card

Storage #1:Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD (OS driver) | Storage #2: Silicon Power A60 1TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVMe (Anything else)

Case:Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L | Case Fan: 3x Thermalright TL-C12C (2x intake fans, 1x exhaust fan)

Power Supply:Corsair CXM (2015) 450W Bronze 80 Plus |OS:MS Windows10 (64-bit) | Monitor: ASUS VG275 27” 1080p 75 Hz FreeSync

3 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Microsoft has no phone number starting with 1-844 or 1-855

Usually, those numbers are scammers ones.

Also, Windows 10 activation is through the Settings app, there is not popup.

You can safely ignore it, also you can confirm your Windows is activated from the Settings app (Start > Settings > Updates & Security > Activation)

Does the LTTF have any 1-844 or 1-855 in case I have any Wiruses?

3 minutes ago, daDILLYdog said:

Does the LTTF have any 1-844 or 1-855 in case I have any Wiruses?

Please don't..... xD

2 minutes ago, JoshB2084 said:

Yep, I thought so....  Thanks everyone.... I will download  MBAM on his PC, and find it out....  And  praying to not found 1,500  useless trackers cookies.... *sighs*

If your little bro or someone else managed to download a virus such as that (there's a technical term for software that masquerades itself as another legitimate program but I forget the right word.) then I'm willing to bet you'll see the detected viruses/malware fly when you run the scans.