Noctua nh-u14s

Fausto315

I have a i7 5820k OCd to 4.4 GHz, runs stable at around 65c in games with my Corsair h100i. I was looking into the noctua nh-u14s and was wondering if it would be as good as the h100i, I'm kind of sick of the noise, I ts not horrible but it's loud at start up and I want a quieter cooler that also doesn't have as much cables (there's like 4 for the pump and fans on the h100i) I'm fine with a slight overclocked decrease, I'm just wondering if it's worth it.

LTT has a video that includes comparisons to the h100i

2 minutes ago, agent114 said:

LTT has a video that includes comparisons to the h100i

Do you know what it's called/ could you link the video?

36 minutes ago, Fausto315 said:

I have a i7 5820k OCd to 4.4 GHz, runs stable at around 65c in games with my Corsair h100i. I was looking into the noctua nh-u14s and was wondering if it would be as good as the h100i, I'm kind of sick of the noise, I ts not horrible but it's loud at start up and I want a quieter cooler that also doesn't have as much cables (there's like 4 for the pump and fans on the h100i) I'm fine with a slight overclocked decrease, I'm just wondering if it's worth it.

So Noctuas website "officially" states that the u14s is good enough for some OCing. (http://noctua.at/en/tdp-guide)

The other thing is tough: As soon as you push it the Noctua won't be much more quiet than the H100i. What is your current voltage?

2 hours ago, cynexit said:

The other thing is tough: As soon as you push it the Noctua won't be much more quiet than the H100i. What is your current voltage?

At worst, the NH-U14S would be still quieter than the h100i. The fan is much quieter and the performance isn't that far behind.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

7 hours ago, cynexit said:

False. AIO coolers in general suffer from far more noise due to high RPM fans and pump acoustics. Frankly it's embarrassing that air coolers like the NH-U14S are able to keep up even with much quieter fans.

In this case, we're comparing a single 1500rpm 140mm to dual 2700rpm 120mm fans. Guess which will be quieter?

On 6/6/2016 at 4:56 AM, SSL said:

In this case, we're comparing a single 1500rpm 140mm to dual 2700rpm 120mm fans. Guess which will be quieter?

Sure the H100i will be louder, won't argue with that, but both solutions are far from quiet when pushed to their max in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, cynexit said:

Sure the H100i will be louder, won't argue with that, but both solutions are far from quiet when pushed to their max in my opinion.

Sure. Any fan is going to be noisy over 1000rpm.

If your case has space for it, definitely consider the NH-D15S. It's basically the U14S but with a much larger heatsink, which will help with cooling an overclocked 5820k.

CPU i5 4690k 4.5GHz 

RAM 16GB 1866MHz 

GPU 980 Ti 1.2GHz 

U14S will be wore than H100i in performance. Not by much so you will see increase in temps but it will be like 5-7C only.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv