Laptop undervolting question

So I used Intel XTU to undervolt my laptop by 90mV. Without the undervolt, the max temp during the stress test was 78°C. After the undervolt, it only went down to about 74°C, which seems odd since I saw a tutorial on YouTube where a guy undervolted his Gigabyte P34Gv2 (also using XTU) by 60mV and it managed to cut off 15°C off his temps (90°C --> 75°C, he also underclocked it but only very slightly by -2 on the multipliers on the 3 and 4 core active stage).

What does this signify on my laptop? Does it mean it already has good cooling and that undervolting it is a waste?

11 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Because he underclocked it, thats why it ran much cooler. Also you have a different laptop, so different cooling.

So my laptop has decent cooling?

1 minute ago, djdelarosa25 said:

So my laptop has decent cooling?

Idk, but you have a different laptop, so you can't compare temps.

10 hours ago, djdelarosa25 said:

So I used Intel XTU to undervolt my laptop by 90mV. Without the undervolt, the max temp during the stress test was 78°C. After the undervolt, it only went down to about 74°C, which seems odd since I saw a tutorial on YouTube where a guy undervolted his Gigabyte P34Gv2 (also using XTU) by 60mV and it managed to cut off 15°C off his temps (90°C --> 75°C, he also underclocked it but only very slightly by -2 on the multipliers on the 3 and 4 core active stage).

What does this signify on my laptop? Does it mean it already has good cooling and that undervolting it is a waste?

Undervolt can shave maybe 5c off of things depending on how far you go.

Lowering multipliers can have a HUGE difference on multipliers. MASSIVE. I'm talking, ridiculously gigantic. -200Mhz, especially on Haswell, is enough to get 10c off. Or more. And since undervolts are usually applied to adaptive voltage off "default" voltage being set, it's likely that his laptop was even more undervolted. If you run "default" voltage at xGHz and then lower that to x-3GHz you'll see voltage drop. And same for if you did it at x+3GHz, voltage consumption would increase.

IF your undervolt is stable, keep it.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday