Best cheap case LEDs

MoonlightSylv

I have a corsair SPEC-01, blue or white LEDs are good. I don't have much of a budget, just something good and cheap :D

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

Get those RGB LED 5050 strips with a remote control. Then just connect it directly to your power supply 12v.
Should be way cheaper than premade ones and way more functions.

If you want something easier. Take a look at the NZXT Sleeved LED kits, comes in 1m or 2m length and its mounted in your pcie slot (no pcie slot on motherboard needed, just the back of the case)

4 minutes ago, rafazafar said:

Get those RGB LED 5050 strips with a remote control. Then just connect it directly to your power supply 12v.
Should be way cheaper than premade ones and way more functions.

If you want something easier. Take a look at the NZXT Sleeved LED kits, comes in 1m or 2m length and its mounted in your pcie slot (no pcie slot on motherboard needed, just the back of the case)

Can you link some good ones?

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

1 minute ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

Can you link some good ones?

I just mainly buy em on ebay here in germany or amazon.de(bit pricier)
So i have no idea how its like over there. If you can give me some sites u like, maybe i can help you browse thru and look at the specs.

1 minute ago, rafazafar said:

I just mainly buy em on ebay here in germany or amazon.de(bit pricier)
So i have no idea how its like over there. If you can give me some sites u like, maybe i can help you browse thru and look at the specs.

I'd prefer amazon.com as I have Prime (2 day shipping).

✨PC Specs✨

Did some posts just disappear?

✨PC Specs✨

4 minutes ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

snip

1 minute ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

Did some posts just disappear?

I dont think so, i see em all normally.
I would recommend to get this LED Strip:
http://www.amazon.com/Blue-Wind-Waterproof-Changing-Flexible/dp/B013OQX3JG/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1464989323&sr=8-3&keywords=rgb+led+5050

And pair with a RF Controller (so that you wont have control issues like IR controllers)
http://www.amazon.com/5V-24V-12A-RGB-LED-Controller/dp/B009C2Z3D6/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1464989357&sr=8-6&keywords=rgb+led+rf

ill keep looking if there are better deals. since that 5m strip is bit overkill..

1 minute ago, rafazafar said:

I dont think so, i see em all normally.
I would recommend to get this LED Strip:
http://www.amazon.com/Blue-Wind-Waterproof-Changing-Flexible/dp/B013OQX3JG/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1464989323&sr=8-3&keywords=rgb+led+5050

And pair with a RF Controller (so that you wont have control issues like IR controllers)
http://www.amazon.com/5V-24V-12A-RGB-LED-Controller/dp/B009C2Z3D6/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1464989357&sr=8-6&keywords=rgb+led+rf

ill keep looking if there are better deals. since that 5m strip is bit overkill..

Thank you :)

✨PC Specs✨

2 minutes ago, rafazafar said:

-snip-

How do I connect that to my power supply? 

✨PC Specs✨

3 minutes ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

I connected it to my molex connector. The yellow is +12V. If you are using that controller u can also use the red cable +5V, since it accepts a wide range of voltage.
You theoretically can connect it to your fan header but i do not recommend as we risk overloading it. 
Just ask someone to help you solder a random molex connector to the LED controller. 
Black goes to black, red goes to red/yellow. :)

If you are not confident with doing that. Use the NZXT led kits. They arent RGB tho. just one colour.
But its much easier to install. same price.
http://www.amazon.com/NZXT-CB-LED20-WT-2-Metres-Sensitivity-Sleeved/dp/B0046Y5Z92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1464990134&sr=8-1&keywords=nzxt+led

9 minutes ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

Oh and with all these LED kits, try to not connect or disconnect them from the power while the power supply is on. Sometimes its not build so well and the power surge can kill them, more often than you think. 
So install em nice and good first, hook up to power and then power on the PSU/PC. 
Even the NZXT LED kit can burn, theres no overcurrent/voltage protection on either. :) 
Well.. cant ask much for the price. haha.

Just PM if u need any help. I can even give u pictures. As i do alot of custom LED layout.

2 minutes ago, rafazafar said:

Oh and with all these LED kits, try to not connect or disconnect them from the power while the power supply is on. Sometimes its not build so well and the power surge can kill them, more often than you think. 
So install em nice and good first, hook up to power and then power on the PSU/PC. 
Even the NZXT LED kit can burn, theres no overcurrent/voltage protection on either. :) 
Well.. cant ask much for the price. haha.

Just PM if u need any help. I can even give u pictures. As i do alot of custom LED layout.

✨PC Specs✨

If you want premade kits Cable Mod, Addoncustoms or Modguru makes some nice kits, but as mentioend if you don't mind DIY it a bit you can get those RGB LED kits. If you need more info on wiring those up I have a guide here under Powering RGB LED's.

-Moved to Modding Section-

3 minutes ago, W-L said:

If you want premade kits Cable Mod, Addoncustoms or Modguru makes some nice kits, but as mentioend if you don't mind DIY it a bit you can get those RGB LED kits. If you need more info on wiring those up I have a guide here under Powering RGB LED's.

-Moved to Modding Section-

Nice Writeup!

5 minutes ago, rafazafar said:

Nice Writeup!

Glad you liked it :) 

They also do sell them usually on eBay or last time I check Modguru.