Hello, the LTT community!

So I have my server and it was sitting at around 3GB when I did the data transfer, however now my httpd process (apache) will not start and when I logged into VMware I found that all 100GB of storage was used! Is this a hardware (ie: my drives are failing (although if it was this, I would have seen an error from iDRAC), the drives are overlapping data and a reboot can solve it, etc.) or is this software (ie: virus, DDoS, etc.) My host provider kicked me off the network due to strange amounts of usage from my account, so I am wondering how long this has been going on.

Please help. I leave for Norway in two days and NEED this server operational.

Sincerely,

Joseph

Mainline: MacBook Air M1 Display(s): Acer K272HUL; VIOTEK - GNV32DB Keyboard/Mouse: Logitech M720/K780 Sound: AirPods 3 Operating System: MacOS Phone: iPhone 13 Pro (Graphite)

Oh, and I am using CENTOS 7 x64 for the OS

Mainline: MacBook Air M1 Display(s): Acer K272HUL; VIOTEK - GNV32DB Keyboard/Mouse: Logitech M720/K780 Sound: AirPods 3 Operating System: MacOS Phone: iPhone 13 Pro (Graphite)

Did you setup the firewall and use strong passwords?

Can Anybody Link A Virtual Machine while I go download some RAM?

Is the storage space used up within the VM or just on the VMware datastore? You haven't left a VM snapshot in place for a long time for example which has filled up the datastore?