Kingston HyperX Cloud II vs Logitech G430

SeeSound

hi all,

my headphones are broken after 3 years and im searching for something that comes around 200$ it must be over ear have 7.1 or "not" because i play a lot of fps games lately and good sound quality because i like music and some of good bass for movies. because i dont have any shop near me and its kinda of buying cat in bag which of two headphones you should advice, also if you can advice me some of yours headphones its going to be nice, i have a microfone so its kind of not necesery to have a one on headphones. thank you for your cooperation.

7.1 headphone aren't going to improve your game.  The individual drivers are poor, and or the "enhanced" effects are no where near what higher-end headphones can pull off.

A good starting budget to some quality cans (which are also good for gaming) would be the AKG240s.  Absolutely amazing for the price.  The MKIIs are the same thing with different pads.  The regular 240s will run you around 100.  They're also very comfortable.

Another good alternative are the Grados SR80s but they aren't as comfortable.

14 hours ago, Rodinski said:

7.1 headphone aren't going to improve your game.  The individual drivers are poor, and or the "enhanced" effects are no where near what higher-end headphones can pull off.

A good starting budget to some quality cans (which are also good for gaming) would be the AKG240s.  Absolutely amazing for the price.  The MKIIs are the same thing with different pads.  The regular 240s will run you around 100.  They're also very comfortable.

Another good alternative are the Grados SR80s but they aren't as comfortable.

what you guys think about senheiser 598 and monster inspiration?

and i have question can normal headphones wihout 7.1 somehow get it by adding card or something?

or some headphones just so good that they dont need it?

7 hours ago, SeeSound said:

and i have question can normal headphones wihout 7.1 somehow get it by adding card or something?

The headset's with the added 7.1 surrond feature, for the most part produce their sound through software. What does this mean then? Well, if you have a great software program that you can use on your headphones you can get good surrond. 

I can suggest the software razer surrond. It has a basic free version which will give you 7.1 surrond sound and you can also get a paid version which let get other features like bass boost for example. I have the hyperx cloud 2 which already has 7.1 but i tried the razer surrond on them and i can't spot any real difference between the out of the box software and the razer surrond software.

8 hours ago, SeeSound said:

what you guys think about senheiser 598 and monster inspiration?

It was the low ends that killed me for the Sennheiser 555/595s.  It's an incomplete headphone I no longer recommend.  The AKG 240s are a lot better.

Oh, there is also a nasty spike in the upper ranges that when heard, from a gun being shot off, the crackle absolutely destroyed my ears every time I heard it.  I really dislike the 555s/595s.

6 hours ago, Rodinski said:

It was the low ends that killed me for the Sennheiser 555/595s.  It's an incomplete headphone I no longer recommend.  The AKG 240s are a lot better.

Oh, there is also a nasty spike in the upper ranges that when heard, from a gun being shot off, the crackle absolutely destroyed my ears every time I heard it.  I really dislike the 555s/595s.

595's had a more prominent mid and high range. 598's have less highs and mids, also making the bass stand out a bit more, but they are still far away from something like a pair of M50's or even the HyperX Clouds in terms of bass. 

OP: I am sure a set of 598s (that you mentioned) will do you GREAT for gaming. They have a really open and wide soundstage, a very user-friendly, laid back sound with decent bass (no basshead headphone tho) However, keep in mind that they are open, so they do not isolate outside sound at all, and your sound (if you're blasting your ears to oblivion) will leak out to your surroundings. They are definitely better for gaming than those Monsters, as those are closed, giving you a narrower soundstage (worse positional audio) 

Also the 598s don't have a mic, so if you need that, look for a zalman clip on mic, or if you have the cash, Samson Meteor, C01U, Blue snowball (ice version is cheaper) or snowflake are good 

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50