low profile cooler under $50

RichieXtheXboss

im looking for a low profile cooler that is under $50 usd. it has to fit in the spec01 case and want it to give good overclocking room on a i5 4690k.

CPU: i5 4690k  (overclocked to 4.3ghz)             CPU Cooler: Cryorig h7                 MOBO:  Msi Z97 pc mate             RAM: 8GB HyperX 1600 blue

GPU: rx480  4gb                                                 CASE: Corsair Spec-01 red              OS: Windows 10

PSU: EVGA 500   watt                                       SSD:    v60gb Mushkin ssd                HDD: 1000GB WD BLUE

7 minutes ago, CodenameScorpion said:

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo or CRYORIG C7...

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo  doesn't even fit in my case

CPU: i5 4690k  (overclocked to 4.3ghz)             CPU Cooler: Cryorig h7                 MOBO:  Msi Z97 pc mate             RAM: 8GB HyperX 1600 blue

GPU: rx480  4gb                                                 CASE: Corsair Spec-01 red              OS: Windows 10

PSU: EVGA 500   watt                                       SSD:    v60gb Mushkin ssd                HDD: 1000GB WD BLUE

The maximum cooler height of the Spec 01 is 150mm. That limits you pretty heavily in terms of tower coolers that could keep up with an i5 really to just the Cryorig H7. Even the Noctua 92mm coolers aren't up to the task.

Of course, there's always this monstrosity. If you do happen to be the adventurous sort, I'd imagine two heatsinks and three fans would have to perform at least as well as the 212 EVO. Only one way to find out, right?

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

6 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

The maximum cooler height of the Spec 01 is 150mm. That limits you pretty heavily in terms of tower coolers that could keep up with an i5 really to just the Cryorig H7. Even the Noctua 92mm coolers aren't up to the task.

Of course, there's always this monstrosity. If you do happen to be the adventurous sort, I'd imagine two heatsinks and three fans would have to perform at least as well as the 212 EVO. Only one way to find out, right?

im thinking about the

GeminII S524 Ver. 2

cryorig c7

or

cooler master d92

1 minute ago, RichieXtheXboss said:

im thinking about the

GeminII S524 Ver. 2

cryorig c7

or

cooler master d92

The GeminII and C7 are downdraft coolers. They're not designed for overclocking in a tower (and the C7 arguably isn't suitable for overclocking at all). They're intended as stock cooler replacements or cooling options for small form factor and/or ITX cases. The D92 is too small, and the dual fans are a gimmick that do more to make it look sexy and worth the high price (more than a 212 EVO for a smaller heatsink) than they actually contribute in performance. Again, not suitable for getting any kind of decent overclock out of a Haswell i5.

Why not the Cryorig H7? It really is the absolute best air cooler out there that fits your case.

22 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

Why not the Cryorig H7? It really is the absolute best air cooler out there that fits your case.

what coulf I get out of the h7 because I want to get it to at least 4.4 constant

13 minutes ago, RichieXtheXboss said:

what coulf I get out of the h7 because I want to get it to at least 4.4 constant

Silicon lottery, my friend. If you're the lucky winner of a chip that doesn't need all teh powerz to reach 4.4GHz, yeah, definitely. If you're not as lucky and your chip is power-hungry, you might not be able to make 4.4GHz with an H7. I've seen 4.2GHz listed occasionally as a decent overclocking result for a 4690K, but every chip is different. If the H7 doesn't get you there, imo, the only way to do it within the space you have available is liquid.

FWIW, my old H7 was able to get my 4790K to about 1.24v, if I recall correctly, before synthetic stress test peaks started dancing with 85C and I declared my overclock done.

1 hour ago, aisle9 said:

Silicon lottery, my friend. If you're the lucky winner of a chip that doesn't need all teh powerz to reach 4.4GHz, yeah, definitely. If you're not as lucky and your chip is power-hungry, you might not be able to make 4.4GHz with an H7. I've seen 4.2GHz listed occasionally as a decent overclocking result for a 4690K, but every chip is different. If the H7 doesn't get you there, imo, the only way to do it within the space you have available is liquid.

FWIW, my old H7 was able to get my 4790K to about 1.24v, if I recall correctly, before synthetic stress test peaks started dancing with 85C and I declared my overclock done.

I bought the h7 4-7 days and I can start doing some overclocking and will tell you guys how it goes

18 hours ago, RichieXtheXboss said:

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo  doesn't even fit in my case

Yes, they do. It's been done many times before. The specs are misleading. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

2 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

Yes, they do. It's been done many times before. The specs are misleading. 

well I didn't want something that pushes the side of the case outward so I got the h7

1 minute ago, RichieXtheXboss said:

well I didn't want something that pushes the side of the case outward

The 212 Evo is a close fit but it shouldn't touch the side panel.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.