WiFi and LAN Port

war4sure

Is there any kind of WiFi adapters out there that can/or connects directly to the motherboard's LAN port? Because I would like to utilize the power of my 5GHz WiFi router while at the same time giving the LAN port on my MSI Z170A Gaming M3 a reason why it is there.

is using ethernet not an option for you?

a cabe is 100x better than any wifi

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

16 minutes ago, Enderman said:

is using ethernet not an option for you?

a cabe is 100x better than any wifi

Room is on the other side of house.

Router is on the other side of house.

Got the picture already?

38 minutes ago, war4sure said:

Room is on the other side of house.

Router is on the other side of house.

Got the picture already?

yeah, just run a really long cable

not that hard, cables are cheap

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

A quick google search came up with this, although I don't know if you wanted wireless N or above (this is N).

There is also a netgear equivalent.

Powerline should also be an option if you don't want run cabling through the house.

If you want a more powerful solution, do with a access point and have it in bridge mode. Either connect that directly into the pc or you can have it going into a switch and can have more devices connected to it.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

What are you looking for?