Dual graphics on laptop driver problem

Cryosec

Some time ago I changed the HDD of my laptop to an SSD, doing a clean insall of windows and bla bla. Before the change, I set in BIOS the "UMA only" option for graphics (my Lenovo z50-75 has dual graphics) for battery life tests and I forgot to turn it back on before reinstalling windows. I just turned it on and tried reinstalling drivers. Cleaned up and uninstalled using AMD utility and used the AMD autodetect software for the new driver. Here came the first problem: it didn't recognize the GPU as an R7 M260, but as a "microsoft graphic device" or something like that. I ignored, and manually selected the driver from the  AMD website. Install process goes well, but when I open Radeon Settings it tells me that there are no options for the current graphics and that I should connect an AMD graphic card.

what the hell?

Computer Case: NZXT S340 || CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 || Cooler: CM Hyper212 Evo || MoBo: MSI B350 Mortar || RAM Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200MHz || PSU: Corsair CX600 || SSD: HyperX Fury 120GB & 240GB || HDD: WD Blue 1TB + 1TB 2.5'' backup drive || GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 4GB

Laptop 1 HP x360 13-u113nl

Laptop Lenovo z50-75 with AMD FX-7500 || OS: Windows 10 / Ubuntu 17.04

DSLR Nikon D5300 w/ 18-105mm lens

11 minutes ago, Cryosec said:

Some time ago I changed the HDD of my laptop to an SSD, doing a clean insall of windows and bla bla. Before the change, I set in BIOS the "UMA only" option for graphics (my Lenovo z50-75 has dual graphics) for battery life tests and I forgot to turn it back on before reinstalling windows. I just turned it on and tried reinstalling drivers. Cleaned up and uninstalled using AMD utility and used the AMD autodetect software for the new driver. Here came the first problem: it didn't recognize the GPU as an R7 M260, but as a "microsoft graphic device" or something like that. I ignored, and manually selected the driver from the  AMD website. Install process goes well, but when I open Radeon Settings it tells me that there are no options for the current graphics and that I should connect an AMD graphic card.

what the hell?

Back up anything important and try reinstalling windows completely.

Numbre

4 minutes ago, Number said:

Back up anything important and try reinstalling windows completely.

aaaah please no, it's so boring :( I'll do it tomorrow morning (it's almost midnight in italy) and see if it helps.

I'll have to reinstall all the IDEs, that's annoying. 

Computer Case: NZXT S340 || CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 || Cooler: CM Hyper212 Evo || MoBo: MSI B350 Mortar || RAM Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200MHz || PSU: Corsair CX600 || SSD: HyperX Fury 120GB & 240GB || HDD: WD Blue 1TB + 1TB 2.5'' backup drive || GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 4GB

Laptop 1 HP x360 13-u113nl

Laptop Lenovo z50-75 with AMD FX-7500 || OS: Windows 10 / Ubuntu 17.04

DSLR Nikon D5300 w/ 18-105mm lens

5 minutes ago, Cryosec said:

aaaah please no, it's so boring :( I'll do it tomorrow morning (it's almost midnight in italy) and see if it helps.

I'll have to reinstall all the IDEs, that's annoying. 

xD. The struggle is real. Well goodnight and good luck to you tomorrow!

Numbre