FPS recommendation

baloonis

Greetings, well I never bothered with FPS games, but now that I got my new powerful PC I want to try them out xD

Which first person shooting game would you recommend for a complete newbie?

Seek and you shall find.

CSGO

ALCATRAZ |   CPU: i9 9900k @ 5GHz, Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A, RAM: Corsair Vengence LPX 32GB, GPU: Gigabyte 1070Ti Case: Zalman MS800 Plus, Storage: Corsair 2TB NVME | Crucial M550 128GB SSD  |  WD 640GB HDD, PSU: XFX Pro Series 1050w, Display: ASUS MG279Q, Cooling: Noctua NH-D15

The Battlefield franchise but i would wait for the release of "Battlefield 1".

Dont buy COD (Call of Duty), you will be considered a pleb for reasons like: activision lying about getting dedicated servers, p2p networking, microtransactions, mouse sensitivity tied to FPS because shitty console engine and a lot of other minor stuff.

On 5/31/2016 at 8:15 PM, baloonis said:

Greetings, well I never bothered with FPS games, but now that I got my new powerful PC I want to try them out xD

Which first person shooting game would you recommend for a complete newbie?

CS:GO is good but runs on potatoes... and ummm Battlefield i guess?

Nothing much thats to popular?

Also maybe ARMA 3 but thats 1st/3rd person

Bioshock Infinite, Crysis 1-3, Metro Last Light, CSGO, Far Cry series, Doom 2016

CPU: i7-4770K  Cooler: NZXT X60  GPU: Asus GTX 770 2GB  MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  PSU: Be Quiet! 630 Watt  Case: NZXT H440 

Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + 1TB Seagate HDD  KeyboardCorsair K70 RGB  MouseG502 Proteus Spectrum  HeadphoneSennheiser HD598  Mic: Blue Snowball Ice

FRAPS, shows your FPS.

let us all remember now and today, computers do not like abuse, they will fight back!

Old Skool KILLBOX. XEON E5640 4.0ghz / ASUS P6X58D-E ~ Noctua NH-L12 ~ eVGA GTX 670 SC 2GB 1312/7000 ~ 4TB 7200 RPM RAID0 ~ CoolerMaster Haf 922 ~ DELL P214H 23" 1080 IPS 2ms ~ HP w2007v 1680x1050. Now Playing: Splinter Cell OG XBOX / CSGO PC

Original XBOX - Xecuter 2 4981.67 Bios. Playstation 2 Slim SCPH-70002. Sega Dreamcast. N64

9 hours ago, HydraGaming said:

The Battlefield franchise but i would wait for the release of "Battlefield 1".

Dont buy COD (Call of Duty), you will be considered a pleb for reasons like: activision lying about getting dedicated servers, p2p networking, microtransactions, mouse sensitivity tied to FPS because shitty console engine and a lot of other minor stuff.

As a lvl 300 cod pc player, can confirm

Newbie friendly FPS can be hard to come by.  Battlefield games for sure, the vehicles added to the combat can increase the fun level while learning to aim.  Overwatch is a newer one, again there are classes where you can have fun before your aim gets up to par.  If you want to jump into the deep end then CS:GO for crazy twitch aiming and playing dust2 all the time but the community can be childish and difficult in pubs so find some friends or get aggressive on the mute button.    

Whys has nobody mentioned Half Life 2?

He didn't specificity state on-line FPS games :) Sure the majority of the ones mentioned have single player, some of them pretty great too tbf.

If you want Old-Skool Lols try Postal 2 ;)

Spoiler

CPU: i7 7700k. MOBO: MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon. RAM: 32Gb DDR4 Team Group Dark Pro 3k . GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTWx2. Storage: 64GB SSD, 250GB SSD,480GB SSD, 1.5TB HDD. PSU: EVGA Supanova 750W G2. Case: NZXT H440 Matte Black. Screens: Acer Predator X34 @ 100Hz & AOC 24" G2460F 144hz. KB: Logi G810 Orion Sprectrum. Mouse: Corsair Scimitar RGB Audio: Edifier S550's & ASTRO A50's. Console Peasant?: PS4 & XBone.

Thank you everyone!

Seek and you shall find.

6 hours ago, Quibiss said:

Some singleplayer recommendations: Doom (2016), Singularity (a hidden gem) and Shadow Warrior.

Singularity, I actually loved that game! haha. Good choice.

Spoiler

CPU: i7 7700k. MOBO: MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon. RAM: 32Gb DDR4 Team Group Dark Pro 3k . GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTWx2. Storage: 64GB SSD, 250GB SSD,480GB SSD, 1.5TB HDD. PSU: EVGA Supanova 750W G2. Case: NZXT H440 Matte Black. Screens: Acer Predator X34 @ 100Hz & AOC 24" G2460F 144hz. KB: Logi G810 Orion Sprectrum. Mouse: Corsair Scimitar RGB Audio: Edifier S550's & ASTRO A50's. Console Peasant?: PS4 & XBone.

Screw CS GO, it looks like garbage and the community is terrible.

Get Battlefield 4 or Overwatch. They both look great on high end PCs, and they are both super fun.

Spoiler

Unreal Tournamnet 2016. It's free :P

Other then that, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, and Battlefield 4