Does GDDR5 graphics card works on DDR3 motherboard

</Diablo>

Hello.

I have a Acer Aspire MC-605 desktop and i am thinking of buying GDDR5 graphic card will it work on DDR3?

Thanks

Graphics DDR memory has nothing to do with system DDR memory. Think of the GPU like a completely separate computer that just interfaces with the motherboard.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Just now, </Diablo> said:

Hello.

I have a Acer Aspire MC-605 desktop and i am thinking of buying GDDR5 graphic card will it work on DDR3?

Thanks

doesnt matter. You only have to look at the slot...x16 PCI E ...thats what you should be shoving the card into

Please vote for Donald Trump. I am out of sitcoms to watch.

When lyfe gives you HDDs, make SSDs

Spoiler

The DDR3 spec on your mobo is for your RAM. GPU has VRAM. ;)

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

1 minute ago, </Diablo> said:

Hello.

Thanks

the type of ram (in this case ddr3 ) your system uses is irrelevant to what type of vram ( in this case gddr5 )  your graphics card can use, so yes , you can . However , you should check things like :

- if your power supply can power the added power requirements of the card ( usually prebuilt systems need a new power supply for this )+ if it has the power connectors ( if required by the gpu )

- if the card physically fits in your case ( length and height )

- if your case has good enough ventilation for the heat of the gpu

One last thing ; don't just plop in any old card and call it a day . Do some research . Some cards will seem like a fantastic deal , but it turns it you can spend just a bit more and get much better performance (price/performance).

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

Check you have a pcie slot (preferably x16 3.0) and a good enough PSU to handle. And make sure that the PSU has the right type of connectors 8+6 pin/6+6 pin/single 8 or 6 pin. And most importantly make sure that the GPU actually fits, like physically fits in the case. Thats about all I can think of atm

Winning an argument with a woman step by step

step one - talk to her

step two - fight with her for 2 hours even if you are really right

step three - admit that she is right for the sake of your safety

step four - realize that you have accomplished nothing and she still thinks you were wrong and now she thinks you are even more stupid

GTX1080ti, I5-4690k, ASUS Z97 PRO-GAMER, 8GB DDR3 1600mhz, Hyper 212 EVO, Tt view 31 RGB.