Auto Progress bar

Need some help with Visual Basic.

I have some checkboxes that run commands I'm wanting the progress bar to auto the value of the progress of the bar.

Example:

If CheckBox5.Checked Then
            MsgBox("Company information updated")
            ProgressBar1.PerformStep()
        End If

Please Help!!!

Hope that makes sense.

Edward.

8 minutes ago, AgentEddie99 said:

I have some checkboxes that run commands I'm wanting the progress bar to auto the value of the progress of the bar.

Example:

End If

Please Help!!!

Hope that makes sense.

Edward.

I don't know much about Visual Basic but I know the .NET framework and C#.

So I'm guessing it works really similarly.

Have you told it how much to increment by OR if you want to automatically go to a set progress?

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

9 minutes ago, AgentEddie99 said:

Why are you using Visual Basic and not C#?

Example:

End If

Use code tags:

PZ20Fqo.png

Hope that makes sense.

That doesn't really make any sense...

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

1 minute ago, Nuluvius said:

Why are you using Visual Basic and not C#?

Use code tags:

PZ20Fqo.png

That doesn't really make any sense...

Basically it sounds like this.

He wants to check to see if somebody checks a checkbox.

If that happens he wants to say that information was saved and wants to show a progress bar animation to show that.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

11 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

If that happens he wants to say that information was saved and wants to show a progress bar animation to show that.

Then it would be best to pass a IProgress into a Task and optionally a CancellationToken if you need to support cancellation. You register a callback on the IProgress interface for updating your progress bar with whatever model you like.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

15 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

Thats what im wanting thanks.

1 minute ago, AgentEddie99 said:

Thats what im wanting thanks.

Well then just set a value to it.

Underneath you're messagebox just type:

ProgressBar1.Value = 100;

This is C# code by the way. I have no idea if this works in VB.

6 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

Well then just set a value to it.

If you do that from the context of another thread then it will explode. If you do this plus the work in the same UI thread then your UI is going to become unresponsive/work like crap.

That is why I suggested that you process your work in a separate thread.

1 minute ago, Nuluvius said:

If you do that from the context of another thread then it will explode. If you do this plus the work in the same UI thread then your UI is going to become unresponsive/work like crap.

That is why I suggested that you process your work in a separate thread.

It's .NET . You can do everything from the same place.

2 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

It's .NET . You can do everything from the same place.

You can if you don't really care about what it is that you are doing or have any real aspirations.

It seems that it's exactly that kind of mentality that results in you comming on here so often moaning when things go so badly wrong: case and point.

Ultimately there's only one response I can give to such a statement:

MkCNa9w.jpg

2 minutes ago, Nuluvius said:

You can if you don't really care about what it is that you are doing or have any real aspirations.

It seems that it's exactly that kind of mentality that results in you comming on here so often moaning when things go so badly wrong: case and point.

Ultimately there's only one response I can give to such a statement:

MkCNa9w.jpg

With that I realized the component couldn't be used in a multi-threaded way. It could only be dealt with in a single threaded way.