Gigabyte Australia RMA Process

Hi.

I've been having a few issues with my motherboard, mainly around the rear-panel audio.

I've diagnosed the speakers and they even work through the front panel audio on my case.

I don't want to spend money on getting a sound card, so I would like to (hopefully if the warranty's still up) RMA the motherboard to Gigabyte.

I've owned the motherboard for about 16 months now, how would I go about RMA'ing the board? Or is it better to go to the place where I bought my computer?

Thanks, Alpha.

2017 Gaming PC

Excellent value machine, keeps me going.

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K | GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 8GB | RAM: 16GB DDR4 | Motherboard: MSI Z170A XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM

PSU: Casecom 600W PSU | Case: Corsair Graphite 230T | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | HDD: 3TB WD Blue

Dell XPS 15 9560

Beautiful laptop, in a stunning form factor.

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700HQ | GPU: Intel HD Graphics 630/Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 (not mobile, full GPU) | RAM: 16GB DDR4 | SSD: 512GB SK Hynix SSD

Display: 4K IPS 100% Adobe RGB Touch Panel | I/O: Two USB 3.0 with PowerShare, HDMI, 3.5mm Headphone Jack, SD Card Slot, and Thunderbolt 3 USB-C

Samsung Galaxy S8 64GB | Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 32GB

I think @thekeemo is sort of our master of warranty information and RMA process (see the ranking thread here)

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

unless you want to pay a fortune to ship it to taiwan or the USA then talk to the place of purchase and they will likely help sort it. I'm from NZ and they tests the parts and act according to the manufactures warranty policy ie send replacement, send away for repair, refund etc 

CPU: Intel i7-4790K @ stock for now --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16Gb --- MOBO: Asus Maximus VII Formula --- GPU: MSI Gaming GTX 980ti --- PSU: Corsair AX860i  ---  Storage: Samsung 850 250gb(OS), 3x Western Digital Blue 3tb (one for game and programs, two for media), 3tb WD Green(somewhat backup) and a Crucial M550 120gb SSD (caching games and programs drive)  --- Case: Fractal Define R5 --- Cooler: Corsair H100i with Noctua 2000rpm, Industrial Fans --- OS: Windows 10 --- Monitor: Asus PB298q + AOC l2260SWD --- Mouse: Logitech G502 Spectrum --- Keyboard: Corsair K70 (Cherry MX Red) Red LED's --- Audio: Audio Engine A2's (yes the originals), Sennheiser HD 58x Jubilee Audio-Technica ATH-AD900x, Audio-Technica ATH-M50x, Ant Lion Mod Mic V4 --- Laptop: Dell XPS 9750 

3 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I think @thekeemo is sort of our master of warranty information and RMA process (see the ranking thread here)

RMA.gigabyte.com

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

11 hours ago, Naeaes said:

Contact the place where you bought it. They'll know what's fastest/best. 

11 hours ago, astrosheen said:

unless you want to pay a fortune to ship it to taiwan or the USA then talk to the place of purchase and they will likely help sort it. I'm from NZ and they tests the parts and act according to the manufactures warranty policy ie send replacement, send away for repair, refund etc 

Will do.

8 hours ago, thekeemo said:

RMA.gigabyte.com

I tried that website, but I had issues getting onto it, and I still can't :P. Will take it to place of purchase.

2017 Gaming PC

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K | GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 8GB | RAM: 16GB DDR4 | Motherboard: MSI Z170A XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM

PSU: Casecom 600W PSU | Case: Corsair Graphite 230T | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | HDD: 3TB WD Blue

Dell XPS 15 9560

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700HQ | GPU: Intel HD Graphics 630/Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 (not mobile, full GPU) | RAM: 16GB DDR4 | SSD: 512GB SK Hynix SSD

Display: 4K IPS 100% Adobe RGB Touch Panel | I/O: Two USB 3.0 with PowerShare, HDMI, 3.5mm Headphone Jack, SD Card Slot, and Thunderbolt 3 USB-C

UPDATE: I have checked the warranty period statement of my motherboard on that blue sheet of paper that comes with every Gigabyte product, and I'm happy to say that the warranty lasts 3 years, so I have about another 20 months to claim it. I will try and go down to my local computer store tonight where I bought the machine to try and claim the warranty. If all else fails, I'll call Gigabyte.

Thanks everyone for your support,

-Alpha.

2017 Gaming PC

Dell XPS 15 9560

17 minutes ago, AlphaGamer46 said:

Will do.

I tried that website, but I had issues getting onto it, and I still can't :P. Will take it to place of purchase.

Local store is a good idea because Australia has good consumer protection laws. Make sure to leave a reply down below to my warranty support thread.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

56 minutes ago, thekeemo said:

Local store is a good idea because Australia has good consumer protection laws. Make sure to leave a reply down below to my warranty support thread.

Okay, will do man. Thanks.

2017 Gaming PC

Dell XPS 15 9560