Would "Blower" or "Open Fan" for BitFenix Prodigy Case?

Ryukrieger

As the title suggest, I'm using the BitFenix Prodigy ITX Case and a bit curious which type of fans I should go with my upcoming GPU purchase, my old one just recently died (yes, after warranty ended) so I'm looking to buy a new one, but since I'm not going to be buying one until the 1070/Polaris comes out, I think I might as well ask this now. And if you're wondering, I'm not going to touch 1070 Founders' Edition...

The only reason why an axial cooler wins out over a radial one is that axial fans can be mounted parallel to the board, allowing for more heat sink material to be attached to it. Radial fans have to be mounted perpendicular to the board.

However, neither fan design is flawed. Outside of desktop computers, radial fans tend to be more dominant and they do a good job at what they're supposed to do: moving air.

With the new gen cards it may be better to go open air as people are scared to run the fan faster. The past 2 gen cards have ran the same in both blower and open air for single card performance. Sli on the other hand open air is horrible. But that's in a air 540. May have better luck with that case and a third party 1000 series.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz