Need Help on my building my PC

Pure Beast

EDIT: Turns out there are a ton of problems with my specifications, I will edit it and post the a new thread with new specs.

don't not get the 1080, its a meme. Not worth ur monies. You don't need 64 GB of RAM, waste of money. I suggest the avergae 8 GB or maybe even 16 GB if you can afford it, but 64 GB is big no no ok. Also, I wouldn't plane on getting that CPU unless you planeing to do the over clockies then you okie dokie with that.

I     own     alienware     computer     XPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

you do'nt need a 1000 watts.

And if you are just gaming 16GB Ram is more than enough!

I make Rainmeter things and other art :D

The 5820K is incompatible with the Z170 chipset. The only motherboard that works with it is a X99. Since this is only a 'gaming' PC, it would make sense to go for the cheaper i7 6700K that would perform better in the majority of games.

Power supply is utterly overkill - go for the EVGA SuperNOVA 550 G2 instead. Same goes for the RAM - 64GB is absolutely unnecessary. 16GB is more than enough.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

you havent got a CPU cooler. anyway the motherboard and CPU dont work together, that processor needs a X99 motherboard and you have chosen a Z170 board. i dont know about the ram, that motherboard takes DDR4 RAM and i dont know if that RAM is DDR3 or DDR4, you also probably dont need 64GB of it.

if this is a gaming PC i would go with something like a I7 6700K for the processor, 16GB of DDR4 RAM and otherwise keep about the same specs, maby get a bit of a cheeper motherboard seeing as all it does in the way of preformance limiting is slightly impact how much you can overclock. also you dont need 1000W to run this, get a 750W or 850W PSU

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

4 minutes ago, Pure Beast said:

I am quite new to PC Gaming and this is my first time that I will build a PC and I would like to know if this specifications are good, I want to know if they are all compatible and will work well. I don't want a new thing that costs way more than what I want to buy but preferably less or almost the same price. I am already way over my budget and I have a habit to try to make something really great and forget all about the price. I set up a new budget which is 1600 USD but cannot stay in it, feel free to comment about my specifications and tips and advice are really appreciated.

Specifications:

MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z170-PRO ATX - $180 or Sabertooth Z170S - $180 and MSI Extreme Gaming Intel X99 - $325

POWER SUPPLY: EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 W PS - $160

GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 (Waiting for it to come out) - $600

PROCESSOR: Intel Core i7-5820K Haswell-E 6-Core - $330

RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 64 GB Kit - $230

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3TB SATA - (Might get it free)

SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB - $130

CASE: Deepcool Genome Case (Water cooling preinstalled) - $250

I cant help but feel that I am missing something, if I have forgotten to put something in please tell me and feedback is much appreciated.

For starters, I think all but one of those motherboards is actually compatible with that CPU. Realistically, at your budget, you shouldn't be looking powerhouses like the 5820k, Consider an i5-6600k if you are only gaming. Nobody needs 64 gb of RAM, not even video editors, LMG doesn't even use 64gb of RAM on their most demanding projects like 10min 4k videos at 60 fps, you really don't need it for just gaming, seriously dude. That is also way too much PSU, you can drop that down to something a bit more manageable, like 650w or 750w and save some more cash . With all of these edits made, you still forgot to get a monitor! You're getting a GTX 1080 but we don't even know what monitor and resolution you are going to be playing at!

Oops I forgot to add it, its a DDR4 RAM, hence the reason for the x99 motherboard I got confused because I was choosing ddr3 before and got that motherboard.

7 minutes ago, Ao_ said:

don't not get the 1080, its a meme. Not worth ur monies. You don't need 64 GB of RAM, waste of money. I suggest the avergae 8 GB or maybe even 16 GB if you can afford it, but 64 GB is big no no ok. Also, I wouldn't plane on getting that CPU unless you planeing to do the over clockies then you okie dokie with that.

What about the GTX 1070?

5 minutes ago, positivePXL said:

For starters, I think all but one of those motherboards is actually compatible with that CPU. Realistically, at your budget, you shouldn't be looking powerhouses like the 5820k, Consider an i5-6600k if you are only gaming. Nobody needs 64 gb of RAM, not even video editors, LMG doesn't even use 64gb of RAM on their most demanding projects like 10min 4k videos at 60 fps, you really don't need it for just gaming, seriously dude. That is also way too much PSU, you can drop that down to something a bit more manageable, like 650w or 750w and save some more cash . With all of these edits made, you still forgot to get a monitor! You're getting a GTX 1080 but we don't even know what monitor and resolution you are going to be playing at!

I was confused with the monitor I am still researching I got one Acer Monitor 28 inch it costs like $350 and one ASUS monitor which is like $450, both of which are 4k monitors

7 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

you havent got a CPU cooler. anyway the motherboard and CPU dont work together, that processor needs a X99 motherboard and you have chosen a Z170 board. i dont know about the ram, that motherboard takes DDR4 RAM and i dont know if that RAM is DDR3 or DDR4, you also probably dont need 64GB of it.

if this is a gaming PC i would go with something like a I7 6700K for the processor, 16GB of DDR4 RAM and otherwise keep about the same specs, maby get a bit of a cheeper motherboard seeing as all it does in the way of preformance limiting is slightly impact how much you can overclock. also you dont need 1000W to run this, get a 750W or 850W PSU

Built in water cooler in the case

And thanks for all the feedback guys

4 minutes ago, Pure Beast said:

What about the GTX 1070?

That guy was also being a meme, the GTX 1080 is totally achievable at your budget, and the price/performance of the card is absolutely fucking insane. The thing is beating the GTX Titan X, the top of the line card from the Maxwell architecture. It literally could not get better than the Titan X, which cost $1200 USD. The GTX 1080 is not only better than the Titan X, but it's also half the price at $600. With your budget, you could totally squeeze one into your build. Would be totally worth it too.

1 minute ago, positivePXL said:

That was also being a meme, the GTX 1080 is totally achievable at your budget, and the price/performance of the card is absolutely fuck insane. The thing is beating the GTX Titan X, the top of the line card from the Maxwell architecture. It literally could not get better than the Titan X, which cost $1200 USD. The GTX 1080 is not only better than the Titan X, but it's also half the price at $600. With your budget, you could totally squeeze one into your build. Would be totally worth it too.

Will do, thanks. I am still stuck on the motherboard though, I am not sure if this motherboard is good or not. What would you suggest I go for (I am using ddr4 ram, I am stuck finding a x99 motherboard)

1 minute ago, Pure Beast said:

Will do, thanks. I am still stuck on the motherboard though, I am not sure if this motherboard is good or not. What would you suggest I go for (I am using ddr4 ram, I am stuck finding a x99 motherboard)

Like we said, go Skylake, if you are only gaming, get an i5-6600k or i7-6700k. Better price, same yield for your use. You should, under absolutely ZERO circumstances, spend more than $200 on a motherboard, and even that is pushing it, aim for $150 or so. 

Like we said, go Skylake, if you are only gaming, get an i5-6600k or i7-6700k. Better price, same yield for your use. You should, under absolutely ZERO circumstances, spend more than $200 on a motherboard, and even that is pushing it, aim for $150 or so. 

I researched about it, but I thought that i7-6700k does not fit in the x99 mobo, not sure about i5-6600k. Or I am just confusing it for another CPU

3 minutes ago, Pure Beast said:

I researched about it, but I thought that i7-6700k does not fit in the x99 mobo, not sure about i5-6600k. Or I am just confusing it for another CPU

We're saying that you shouldn't be getting a mobo with the x99 chipset at all. 

We're saying that you shouldn't be getting a mobo with the x99 chipset at all. 

Oh OK, I was getting the ddr4 ram thats why I wanted to get the x99 mobo. DDR3 is enough? 

Thanks for the help

15 minutes ago, Pure Beast said:

Built in water cooler in the case

And thanks for all the feedback guys

oh cool didnt know

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

2 minutes ago, Pure Beast said:

Oh OK, I was getting the ddr4 ram thats why I wanted to get the x99 mobo. DDR3 is enough? 

Thanks for the help

What? That's not what I said, you can get a Z170 motherboard that supports DDR4. . .

What? That's not what I said, you can get a Z170 motherboard that supports DDR4. . .

Oh sorry, I thought so I had the Z170 Mobo that supported it and I just got confused by googling around. Thanks a bunch, really helpful

All these people telling you how to spend your money.
Don't buy x99. Dont spend this much money.
I think it looks great, though I haven't heard much about the genome case.
I do know you have to put your own fluid into is so that's something to consider. 

[CPU: 4.7ghz I5 6600k] [MBAsus Z170 Pro G] [RAM: G.Skill 2400 16GB(2x8)]

[GPU: MSI Twin Frozr GTX 970] [PSU: XFX Pro 850W] [Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo]
[Storage: 500GB WD HDD / 128GB SanDisk SSD ] [Case: DeepCool Tessaract]

[Keyboard: AZIO MGK1] [Mouse: Logitech G303] [Monitor: 2 x Acer 23" 1080p IPS]

1 minute ago, DioOmicida said:

I do know you have to put your own fluid into is so that's something to consider. 

Thanks, I won't buy the x99 I just got confused googling around. As far as I know, I watched some reviews and read some online and heard that it comes with a the fluid. Also is a 850 W PSU enough or should I go for less? I don't know how much power I need to function all of this. Thanks for the feedback!

3 minutes ago, DioOmicida said:

they arent telling him how to spend it they are giving suggestions like he asked for. f

1 minute ago, RNGesusHatesMe said:

they arent telling him how to spend it they are giving suggestions like he asked for. f

5 minutes ago, DioOmicida said:

I just want to spend as low as possible and still get the best performance and also to know if I make a mistake or not in my specifications which I did, this is the whole purpose of my thread.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($233.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($119.89 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: Asus Z170-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($150.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($58.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($88.30 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($47.49 @ OutletPC) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R5 w/Window (White) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($104.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMx 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($79.99 @ Newegg) 
Monitor: Nixeus NX-VUE24A 144Hz 24.0" Monitor  ($249.99 @ Amazon) 
Other: GTX 1070 ($400.00)
Other: MS Windows From Kinguin ($30.00)
Total: $1564.62
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-05-26 11:04 EDT-0400

A comprehensive list of parts (with a theme) for your budget.